Double Check Me Here..

G.Gordon

Guru
1000 Post Club
Missouri
Member of AARP Hmo wants off desperately.

Too late to get approval from AARP Medigap for a safe transfer.

My thought:

Apply for AARP Medigap, apply for PDP, the PDP will start the process of terming her Mapd.

If she gets turned down for Medigap, do a three way with Medicare stopping the PDP enrollment and reactivating her MAPD. If done before 12/31, the new plan is not active, the old plan is not officially termed... seems I've done this before, but running 65-70 apts per week has my mind muddled.

Thanks for the input.

Other thought is wait until later in December, apply to AARP for a 2/1, then use the MADP for a move out of the MAPD. Client really wants off 1/1.

Member of AARP Hmo wants off desperately.

Too late to get approval from AARP Medigap for a safe transfer.

My thought:

Apply for AARP Medigap, apply for PDP, the PDP will start the process of terming her Mapd.

If she gets turned down for Medigap, do a three way with Medicare stopping the PDP enrollment and reactivating her MAPD. If done before 12/31, the new plan is not active, the old plan is not officially termed... seems I've done this before, but running 65-70 apts per week has my mind muddled.

Thanks for the input.

Other thought is wait until later in December, apply to AARP for a 2/1, then use the MADP for a move out of the MAPD. Client really wants off 1/1.

I just leave it alone until the Med Sup is approved. Then sign them up for the RX and it cancels the MAPD. That's why they have the MAPD disenrollment period in the first place. Just make the Sup effective on Feb 1st if that's how the timing works out.

Again, I'm clear on the MADP. She really wants and needs 1/1, I'm asking for affirmation of my process for 1/1.

Again, I'm clear on the MADP. She really wants and needs 1/1, I'm asking for affirmation of my process for 1/1.

Yes, if you cancel (as if never enrolled) the PDP prior to the 1/1 start date, then her MAPD should be auto-reinstated since it would have been termed 12/31/15 upon processing of the PDP application.

It hurts me to agree with Jimmy but he's correct. I have my med supps approved within 2 days after sending the fax. I can't remember every having anything declined with them.

Rick

She has had extensive medical bills on the AARP HMO, so my thinking it that even though none of the health conditions apply, what if they refer to the claims loss of the MAPD. Just being cautious. Thanks again, guys. We are worn thin, 65-70 apts per week, 7am to 9pm and Sundays to catch on stuff... I'm done.

Back