Dropped by MAPD Plan While Staying Overseas

sam816

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Got a call from this gentleman who stayed overseas for 1/2 a year, he said Healthnet dropped him from the MAPD plan he was on, and now wanted him to fill out an application to rejoin. Has anyone seen anything similar to this? I looked over his SSA statements and his part B premium was deducted regularly, what could be the reason that he was dropped?

Also based on the fact that Healthnet wants him to fill out a new application, does that mean that he now has a SEP to sign up for any plan?

TIA.

Got a call from this gentleman who stayed overseas for 1/2 a year, he said Healthnet dropped him from the MAPD plan he was on, and now wanted him to fill out an application to rejoin. Has anyone seen anything similar to this? I looked over his SSA statements and his part B premium was deducted regularly, what could be the reason that he was dropped? Also based on the fact that Healthnet wants him to fill out a new application, does that mean that he now has a SEP to sign up for any plan? TIA.
If they dropped him because they were mistakenly notified that he had moved, which I suspect is the case, then he does have an SEP to get a plan now that he has returned.

Got a call from this gentleman who stayed overseas for 1/2 a year, he said Healthnet dropped him from the MAPD plan he was on, and now wanted him to fill out an application to rejoin. Has anyone seen anything similar to this? I looked over his SSA statements and his part B premium was deducted regularly, what could be the reason that he was dropped?

Also based on the fact that Healthnet wants him to fill out a new application, does that mean that he now has a SEP to sign up for any plan?

TIA.

You do understand that MAPDs have a service area and that being overseas would most definitely be out of any plan's service area. Really, his Part D should have been cut off regardless if he's paying his Part B premium. So while it would be interesting to know how they got wind of him being overseas, it's pretty moot. Write an app for SEP due to a move and be done with it.

You do understand that MAPDs have a service area and that being overseas would most definitely be out of any plan's service area. Really, his Part D should have been cut off regardless if he's paying his Part B premium. So while it would be interesting to know how they got wind of him being overseas, it's pretty moot. Write an app for SEP due to a move and be done with it.

less than 6 months continuous out of service area OK as long as there is not a permanent change of address.

I have a client who recently called me from a foreign country they have been on a missionary for almost a year and because they have their mail forwarded and don't use their prescription coverage CMS and the carrier had no idea.I advised them they needed to contact the carrier and dis-enroll .

I have run in to many cases where someone moved across town and because they either didn't have their mail forwarded and the carrier received return to sender mail or/and didn't eventually notify SS and the carrier about the change of address they were dis-enrolled.In this case they couldn't enroll again until AEP.

Back