Dual MA Vs Medicaid

charleszubrod

Expert
New to the Dual Plans! In a nutshell, couple of inquiries:
1. Why would a Dual plan serve a person better than Medicare/Medicaid?
2. Do doctors prefer reimbursement from Dual Plan over Medicaid?
3. When on a Dual Plan or any MA/MAPD plan, can the person go back to Medicaid whenever they wish?
In advance, thank you for your feedback. I greatly appreciate it!

Kindest Regards.....and have a great Holiday Season.

New to the Dual Plans! In a nutshell, couple of inquiries: 1. Why would a Dual plan serve a person better than Medicare/Medicaid? 2. Do doctors prefer reimbursement from Dual Plan over Medicaid? 3. When on a Dual Plan or any MA/MAPD plan, can the person go back to Medicaid whenever they wish? In advance, thank you for your feedback. I greatly appreciate it! Kindest Regards.....and have a great Holiday Season.

Because that group of ppl LOVES their FREE ****!! It's the 47% rule.

How does the Dual Plan benefit them when it comes to deductibles and co-pays?

Some doctors do not take Medicaid, but they will take a dual eligible plan. There are likely to be freebies, such as dental, vision, free transportation, OTC, fitness.

My understanding is that if someone is fully dual eligible that the provider cannot balance bill anyway even if they are not Medicaid certified.

Green Sky-

Do you believe or are you certain? Check out the following:

I stand corrected based on what you attached. My understanding was that a dual needed to see a Medicaid provider to have the balance billing waived.

In practice I don't see this as happening with "straight" Medicare providers. I seem to recall that years ago UHC told agents not to write duals in their PFFS plans since the member would have to pay copays.

So am I confused. Yeah, I'll even admit to that.

Rick

Back