Educational Events, Mailers, and Lists

I'm interested in starting to host educational events. First of all, does anyone have any luck or experience with this? I first need to
1) Get a list of addresses of people turning 65 in the area I am holding the event.
-I've never purchased a t65 address list before. Where is the least expensive option to purchase a list of just addresses?

2) Print a Mailer
- Which company will mass print a mailer at the best quality for the lowest cost?

3) Combined say if I send a mailer out to about 1-2k people T65 in an area, about how much out of pocket for just the list and the mailers am I looking at?

4) Has anyone done this before? If so how many RSVP's did you get? IS IT WORTH IT?

I've been a broker for quite some time, but just recently went independent. This means I have to do my own lead generating, and I need some help from anyone who knows some tricks on hosting seminars/educational events. Thanks!

I know a guy that is doing very well, you may know him too. Seems you're finding out how tough and expensive it is to "do it yourself".

She didn't work with me, but I know the agency she got ran off from. Outstanding guy that gave her a chance and we'll just say her character is less han spotless.

There are clearly some issues some don't know about. "Giving someone a chance" does not involve requiring an already licensed agent to not get paid for hours and hours of unnecessary "mentoring." Then ride around all day for weeks on end with you (when you are 8 mons pregnant) for 3 months for no pay, and also have an agreement to work as an agent with a 50/50 commision split. Then to change up the responsibilities by turning you into basically a receptionist and "screen calls" without pay. Not only that, but host seminars where I was required to laod heavy equipment from 4:30-10 at night with no pay. In addition to being paid incorrectly constantly/late. Not to mention I was told I was only paid half the commision (of course on leads the person in charge doesnt want) for exchange of the ability to use the customer service staff. However, I was told constantly that "they did not respect me" and therefore didn't want to handle my clients. I was contacted on weekends, nights, whenever and urged to do things beyond my job description. I was constantly putting up with inappropriate comments, sexual harrassment, and working for free. Asking someone who is married, has a family, and works for you to stay in a hotel 2 hours away with you for an unpaid "training" is not ok. A girl can only take so much talking down to before she tries to branch away on her own. I was ran off for selling on my own, yes. Best thing to ever happen to me. I prefer any advice that I may need to not require devoting my whole day without pay to ride around watching someone else sell policies to "show me how it's done".

----------

Also how can someone get "ran off" for selling with their own writing numbers whenhaving an agreement to split commision 50/50? Here is how: Not EVER contracting me with my own writing numbers and using all my business for over a year under their own writing number for trips/bonuses/thousands of dollars of renewals. Compliant? Nope

We've had success with seminars/ educational meetings in several formats

one...partnered with our local chamber...they offered to host at their very visible location and allowed us to use their name in the promotion. Gave instant credibility and exposure

two...local church(several local pastors) they hosted at a church as well as gave the credibility boost to their paritioners via their stamp of approval

both worked very well for us

as far as leads....pm me and i'll run a list for your target area...pro bono

Back