Enrollment Period Question

aheff

Guru
100+ Post Club
Here is my situation: 34 year old Part A-08/15, Part B-01/17. She has no SEP for Part D. Ultimate goal is get her onto Med Sup (open enrollment) and Part D.
Here is how hope to get there. Apply for Med Adv now for a 2/1/17 effective date (she received her Medicare Part B determination letter on 1/3/17 so she should be eligible for a SEP for this- Retractive Part B determination).
MADP- Disenroll from Med Adv, enroll in Med Sup and use the MADP from the Med Adv as a SEP for the Part D.
Sorry for probably confusing the issue more than it probably needs to be. All help/suggestions welcomed.

Here is my situation: 34 year old Part A-08/15, Part B-01/17. She has no SEP for Part D. Ultimate goal is get her onto Med Sup (open enrollment) and Part D.
Here is how hope to get there. Apply for Med Adv now for a 2/1/17 effective date (she received her Medicare Part B determination letter on 1/3/17 so she should be eligible for a SEP for this- Retractive Part B determination).
MADP- Disenroll from Med Adv, enroll in Med Sup and use the MADP from the Med Adv as a SEP for the Part D.
Sorry for probably confusing the issue more than it probably needs to be. All help/suggestions welcomed.

I believe her ICEP ended 12/31/16 so she might have to wait until 2018 for part D .If she received the letter informing her of part B for 1/1/17 on 1/3/17 then i do not believe this is considered retro determination because they obviously made the decision to award part B before 1/1/17

Back