Equitable Just Bought Out by Sterling!

12% for A,G, N in GA; 15% for F

Seeing double digit increases on New Era renewals as well.

MLIC up 9% last August. Seems like the current MOO flavor was up 9% as well.

Looks like the days of stagnant and single digit rate increases are over for a while.

12% for A,G, N in GA; 15% for F

Seeing double digit increases on New Era renewals as well.

MLIC up 9% last August. Seems like the current MOO flavor was up 9% as well.

Looks like the days of stagnant and single digit rate increases are over for a while.

It's an endless cycle. Good for obtaining new business. It's been awhile since carries have went crazy with increases. At least here anyway...

Man, oh man, sure gonna be some mighty upset forum members when all of their precious "little" B-rated companies start going the way of the dinosaurs. Tsk, tsk.

Man, oh man, sure gonna be some mighty upset forum members when all of their precious "little" B-rated companies start going the way of the dinosaurs. Tsk, tsk.

You might see that with carriers with the coveted A ratings.. Been around long enough to remember the last time we had a slew of carriers fail... A+, A, A-, B+, B, C+, C, NR all were in the mix. And, if you are talking about them being acquired by other companies, the giants aren't immune from that either.

I was contracted with Sterling years ago. They priced themselves out of the market here.

How do y'all see this change? Good thing, bad thing, no thing?

I was contracted with Sterling years ago. They priced themselves out of the market here.

How do y'all see this change? Good thing, bad thing, no thing?

I could be wrong, but I see it as a "no thing". On to the next just like we always have.

Alex, I'll take Steve Hilbert's same song second verse for $500 please.

Who is original co-founder of Conseco who just bought Equitable Life & Casualty and is trying build it into a powerhouse?

Correct

Last edited:
Back