Equitable Life & Casuality Question

kencan

Expert
I like Equitable Life and have Medicare Supplement clients there. When prospecting what is the best way to address the AM Best "B" rating for the company? This issue came up recently.

Also, how concerned should I be about the rating? Thank you.

I like Equitable Life and have Medicare Supplement clients there. When prospecting what is the best way to address the AM Best "B" rating for the company? This issue came up recently.

Also, how concerned should I be about the rating? Thank you.

A B rating is fine for a Medicare Supplement. Even if Equitable did go belly up, your customers will be able to get a GI supplement with any company that sells in your state.

Equitable's been in the Medicare Supplement business for 45 years and I believe they're reinsured by MoO. I don't think you should be concerned about their rating.

The best way to address it is to never bring it up. I don't. If they ask I tell them I have higher rated carriers for more $$.

No one ever wants to go there after that.

I like Equitable Life and have Medicare Supplement clients there. When prospecting what is the best way to address the AM Best "B" rating for the company? This issue came up recently. Also, how concerned should I be about the rating? Thank you.
Don't address it at all. I'll do it for you when I run into all of your clients that you have with a B rated carrier. I will show them that I use only A and A+ rated carriers that they know and trust.

Hope that helps you sleep better knowing that you don't have to worry about bringing the issue up with your clients.

Don't address it at all. I'll do it for you when I run into all of your clients that you have with a B rated carrier. I will show them that I use only A and A+ rated carriers that they know and trust.

Hope that helps you sleep better knowing that you don't have to worry about bringing the issue up with your clients.

Hahahahaha! That's funny!:twitchy:

If A verses B matters, you're not doing a good job selling yourself as their agent, your expertise, and gaining their trust.

I'm close to 1100 Medicare insureds and can't remember the last time someone asked me about a company's rating.

If that is your only reason for replacement, I feel sorry for your clients. You certainly do not have their best interests at heart but I guess everyone has to make a living someway.

Back