Equitable Med Sup and COPD?

What she said that was wrong wasn't what I asked, but during the conversation she told me I was wrong about something I said. It was about the Walmart PDP plan. She was trying to tell me that the $320 deductible applied to tiers 1 and 2 at Walmart. I can't even remember the question I called about now.

You are expecting too much from a company employee. Why would you expect them to know how a different companies pdp works?

Could have. Didn't.

After talking with the underwriter I call the prospective client back. Had a long conversation about medical history. In so many words, she admitted to doctor shopping except not for the usual situation.

If she didn't like what the doctor said she simply moved on to someone else. When a doc wanted to do cardiac testing she refused and moved on to someone else. Eventually she found someone who agreed with her and put her on BP med's.

I still don't know what her health was like, but I heard enough to know she was trouble.

Hahaha. So if you don't go to the doctor, they can't tell you you're sick...so there's nothing wrong with you, or if you don't step on the scales you don't know you're overweight(I can tell by looking in the mirror).:twitchy:

----------

You are expecting too much from a company employee. Why would you expect them to know how a different companies pdp works?

:twitchy:...............................:D

. So if you don't go to the doctor, they can't tell you you're sick...so there's nothing wrong with you,

Can't tell you how many times people have said "I might have (this) but it hasn't been diagnosed yet. So I answer "no" to that question, right?".

And more than once I have had people tell me they don't have HBP, high cholesterol, etc any more. They stopped taking the medication, AMA I might add, and feel just fine.

Yeah, that will work.

Of course there is always the "How will they know if I smoke or not?".

Can't tell you how many times people have said "I might have (this) but it hasn't been diagnosed yet. So I answer "no" to that question, right?".

And more than once I have had people tell me they don't have HBP, high cholesterol, etc any more. They stopped taking the medication, AMA I might add, and feel just fine.

Yeah, that will work.

Of course there is always the "How will they know if I smoke or not?".

I like, "I take Metformin to keep from getting diabetes".

We have a local doc that tells folks they are prediabetic and prescribes metformin. I always tell them the insurance company doesn't see it that way.

I hear that so often about prediabetes. I had an underwriter tell me years ago that if they're taking Metformin, they have diabetes. Even if they're treating the diabetes with diet only...they still have diabetes.

I found this thread as I need a company who will take copd. Medico will take them if no oxygen. Real good rates here in PA to boot, so I am going to contract with them. Just thought I'd throw that out there as another possible option. If any of you guys think it's a bad option, feel free to let it rip.

Back