Equitable Underwriting

Yes, but they weren't used for CHF.

In the first case two were diuretics. A side effect of diuretics is they flush potassium out of the body. Sprinolactone is used to replenish potassium.

Underwriter assumed CHF and declined.

Atenolol is also used for HBP. When I pressed the underwriter on why they declined him, they said it was because of angina and SOB.

Did the applicant tell you he had angina and SOB?

No, we ASSUMED that due to the medication ...............

FWIW, other than HBP, Atenolol is more commonly used for angina and irregular heartbeat, neither of which were present with this applicant.

When I suggested they get doctors records to make a final determination, the response was "We don't do it that way".

So they would rather assume a condition is present than getting an actual diagnosis.

In the first case two were diuretics. A side effect of diuretics is they flush potassium out of the body. Sprinolactone is used to replenish potassium.

Atenolol is also used for HBP. When I pressed the underwriter on why they declined him, they said it was because of angina and SOB.

FWIW, other than HBP, Atenolol is more commonly used for angina and irregular heartbeat, neither of which were present with this applicant.

When I suggested they get doctors records to make a final determination, the response was "We don't do it that way".

So they would rather assume a condition is present than getting an actual diagnosis.

What is SOB?:embarrassed:

What is SOB?:embarrassed:

Son Of A B*tch................:laugh:

----------

Damn, I've never dealt with a SOB like that when using Equitable. I would've called back and got a different UW.

Had a couple of apps turned down due to metformin and gabapentin.
The gabapentin showed up in the prescription search. Underwriting assumed diabetic neuropathy. The doctor had prescribed the gabapentin for shingles. Underwriting said get a letter stating she didn't have diabetic neuropathy and what the gabapentin was used for. Policy was issued after they received the doctor's letter.

Thx Millwood. I tried that option (doctor's notes) and they said they don't do it that way. Guess you got a real underwriter instead of a trainee.

That's why I posted. Probably had to do it at least 3 times with Equitable each time resulted in an issued policy.

Back