Equitable Underwriting

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Heads up. I have had a couple of cases in the last week where it appears the underwriter is trigger happy and looking for a reason to decline without bothering to get the full facts. Both of those cases probably could have been salvaged had I known the underwriter might take short cuts.

Before you submit an underwritten app to them get a list of all med's taken in the last 2 yrs and X-reference against their decline list. If anything pops up on the list make sure you and the client know they will just assume the worst and go for the decline. Some med's, especially heart med's, are used for BP as well as CHF and even cirrhosis.

If you don't X-check the med's and drill down with your client you are virtually guaranteed a decline.

Last edited:
Will continue using Eq for now. Just going to be very careful on underwritten apps.

No, Humana is still high in many situations but their Hi F and sometimes N are in the hunt when you have a difficult case to place. This was more about underwriting than having the best rate.

No, Humana is still high in many situations but their Hi F and sometimes N are in the hunt when you have a difficult case to place. This was more about underwriting than having the best rate.

I am appointed with them to sell all their medicare products, but have never even considered them because of price. What issue did the client have that led you to them?

BP meds, including one used for angina or SOB as well as BP. Applicant has neither but didn't prevent Eq underwriter from just saying no.

Back