Originally Posted by Fisher
You guys are probably right. I'm getting the dreaded 'No Records Found' when I try to check her enrollment.
Besides the ZIP code changing, as mentioned above, another thing to watch for is omitting a Jr, Sr, III, etc. from the name. It won't pull up if you don't match the name as shown on the Medicare card. I have also discovered that if you accidentally leave a space before or after the last name, that will cause a no-hit as the software isn't smart enough to ignore leading or trailing blanks.
But the ZIP code is the most common issue. Always ask your client if he uses a PO box -- in cities of any size at all, the USPS often assigns them unique ZIP codes and the mailing address is what you want to use.
I have found the LIS
indicator in the upper right is very reliable. However, indications of Medicaid benefits cannot be relied upon. Sometimes they are erroneous. I had one that said FBDE where the client was paying all the copays for his plan. Only his Part B premium was covered. He was SLMB