Extra Help (20 Characters)

You guys are probably right. I'm getting the dreaded 'No Records Found' when I try to check her enrollment.

Besides the ZIP code changing, as mentioned above, another thing to watch for is omitting a Jr, Sr, III, etc. from the name. It won't pull up if you don't match the name as shown on the Medicare card. I have also discovered that if you accidentally leave a space before or after the last name, that will cause a no-hit as the software isn't smart enough to ignore leading or trailing blanks.

But the ZIP code is the most common issue. Always ask your client if he uses a PO box -- in cities of any size at all, the USPS often assigns them unique ZIP codes and the mailing address is what you want to use.

I have found the LIS indicator in the upper right is very reliable. However, indications of Medicaid benefits cannot be relied upon. Sometimes they are erroneous. I had one that said FBDE where the client was paying all the copays for his plan. Only his Part B premium was covered. He was SLMB only.

Some carriers (Anthem and Amerigroup for example) do have Medicaid Verification "help lines" where you can email/call with the clients information (Medicare #, DOB) to help determine if they are Medicaid eligible. I know thats not the same thing is LIS in all cases, but sometimes the carriers are able to help with that determination.

Anybody else having any issues with the "Check your enrollment" feature?? I tried to use it today to verify if LIS, and it didn't work. Tried with a different customer last week, just to check if her PDP took effect. But it didnt work then either...

I have been mislead by Medicare.gov. It us usually correct, but I don't think the information is updated very quickly.

The two carriers I work with that have dSNP plans have a phone number and/or secure email address to use to check status.

Have your the carrier check if possible. It should be a more reliable option.

Sorry, don't come across this often enough.

A prospect (T65) was auto enrolled in Extra Help and auto enrolled into a PDP plan. Can this client purchase a Med Supp plan with T65 IEP?

Or, are they forced onto a MA plan because they are receiving Extra Help?

A prospect (T65) was auto enrolled in Extra Help and auto enrolled into a PDP plan. Can this client purchase a Med Supp plan with T65 IEP?

Sure, there is no connection between the two although how can the prospect afford a Med Supp when they have no income and almost no assets?

I had a client have full Medicaid and I signed her up for a med supp. It was years ago but she didn't like the network doctors and she called her son right in the apartment and asked if he would pay for the med supp. He did.

Sure, there is no connection between the two although how can the prospect afford a Med Supp when they have no income and almost no assets?

I guess if you have organ transplants, many other health conditions and numerous doctors..........you can scrape up the $137/mo for plan F.

Thx for quick response.

Back