Fairly Flat Start to AEP.

The premium is not that bad, right? A good agent should have salesmanship...right? Value > price...right?

Blue RPPO is a disgrace as an MAPD plan.

$36 a month for a plan with 30% coinsurance for both outpatient surgery and outpatient hospital stay with 'Observation' status = thousands of dollars of potential claims.

It's got nothing to do with 'salesmanship' and everything to do with protecting your clients from these large potential claims.

I have a bunch of RPPO clients and about the only thing I am doing this AEP is moving them-18 so far, another 10 to do before U65 OEP begins and I have no time for it.

Blue RPPO is a disgrace as an MAPD plan.

$36 a month for a plan with 30% coinsurance for both outpatient surgery and outpatient hospital stay with 'Observation' status = thousands of dollars of potential claims.

It's got nothing to do with 'salesmanship' and everything to do with protecting your clients from these large potential claims.

I have a bunch of RPPO clients and about the only thing I am doing this AEP is moving them-18 so far, another 10 to do before U65 OEP begins and I have no time for it.

Do you know of another statewide RPPO that has the same size network as Blue that's $0?

i'm selling Aetna this year, the network is larger then blue now and the outpatient surgery is a fixed dollar amount. 20% for diagnostic.

Do you know of another statewide RPPO that has the same size network as Blue that's $0?

Nice way to ignore the main point of my post and focus on something that isn't nearly as important.

What do you say when a client has a health scare, goes to the ER, gets held overnight, and gets a bill for $3,000 or more when it could have been $295 on an Aetna or Humana PPO? Probably the same thing Blue says to the Medicare eligibles they've deliberately left on the PPO plan with the large premium for the past 4 years-nothing.

----------

I highly doubt that, what are they in like 5 counties lol?

12 counties including all of the large ones-nice research.

Nice way to ignore the main point of my post and focus on something that isn't nearly as important.

What do you say when a client has a health scare, goes to the ER, gets held overnight, and gets a bill for $3,000 or more when it could have been $295 on an Aetna or Humana PPO? Probably the same thing Blue says to the Medicare eligibles they've deliberately left on the PPO plan with the large premium for the past 4 years-nothing.

----------

12 counties including all of the large ones-nice research.

My point is the days of $0 premium RPPO plans with huge networks are gone, United sent damaging ripple effects thru Florida last year with their network cuts. Now the only thing left to do is split hairs over copays and co-insurance. Of course of copay for outpatient is better, but whats the likely hood of finding a good carrier that wont yank their plans out of the state having all 6 of my clients doctors in network and having a copay for outpatient? Slim to non, unless your book is 50 or less. And 12 counties isn't much better then 5 lol.

Back