Fairly Flat Start to AEP.

My point is the days of $0 premium RPPO plans with huge networks are gone, United sent damaging ripple effects thru Florida last year with their network cuts. Now the only thing left to do is split hairs over copays and co-insurance. Of course of copay for outpatient is better, but whats the likely hood of finding a good carrier that wont yank their plans out of the state having all 6 of my clients doctors in network and having a copay for outpatient? Slim to non, unless your book is 50 or less. And 12 counties isn't much better then 5 lol.

Your assumption is about as accurate as your spelling of likelihood.

I don't call the difference between a $275 copay and a $3000 bill for 30% coinsurance 'splitting hairs' and neither would any of my clients, most of whom complain about a copay going up from $10 to $15.

Aetna's network in the counties where plans are offered is outstanding, I have well over 50 clients on these plans now and there have been no issues with network whether it's the PPO or HMO (the networks are the same). Aetna also offers travel privileges for the HMO so you can see doctors outside the state who accept Aetna Medicare.

Your assertion that the number of counties where plans are offered is important is also ridiculous. Florida's population is centered in the larger counties and Aetna offers plans in each of those. I don't represent Humana by choice but I believe their PPO plans are offered throughout the state without the high coinsurance as well. Residents of the smaller counties have less choice, it's that way throughout the country, and they would be far better off with the Blue HMO than the RPPO in those locations or simply getting a Plan F or N with a Part D plan.

And, if the Blue RPPO is so great, why is Blue spending so much time and effort switching subscribers to the HMO? According to one Blue agent I know, they aren't even discussing the RPPO at their seminars, it's all HMO-oriented.

Back