Fed Up with Equitable

I don't write with companies that nickle and dime you to death. Just received the forms to sign up with Equitable. Based upon this thread, I threw them in the trash. Life is too short to deal with companies that do things like this. There are a lot of reputable companies to do business with that don't pull these petty things.

I think they're wrong to make someone take out a new policy for the spouse to get a discount. With that being said...is there a company that has no issues. Equitable has some of the most liberal UW for Med Supps and you know before you go if they've got the policy.

Me too except one really bad thing lately. Had a husband on their med sup. told them when the wife ages in they will both get a discount.

When she aged in, they said no. They both have to apply at the same time. If the husband is not healthy enough to re-apply and be underwritten, it blocks them both from the household discount.

Has anyone else run into this with Equitable? Very odd way to do a household discount.

Just last week I called Equitable and inquired about this exact same scenario. Husband is already on an Equitable med supp and wife enrolled for July 1 effective date. Equitable told me that as soon as wife's policy becomes effective, both of them will get household discount.

I don't write with companies that nickle and dime you to death. Just received the forms to sign up with Equitable. Based upon this thread, I threw them in the trash. Life is too short to deal with companies that do things like this. There are a lot of reputable companies to do business with that don't pull these petty things.

I wish I had done that when I had the chance.

:err:

Back