FMO Release

supersupps

Guru
Has anyone ever left an FMO for MA and gone elsewhere? What would be the reason that one could give to a current FMO to let them release you without hassle. My current FMO gives no support and I know a new one that will do better. thanks

Has anyone ever left an FMO for MA and gone elsewhere? What would be the reason that one could give to a current FMO to let them release you without hassle. My current FMO gives no support and I know a new one that will do better. thanks

Who's the current FMO? There are several that will release you upon request and some that never release anyone for any reason.

Why not just say you have an opportunity you'd like to explore with another marketer?

Rick

We have assisted a number of agents with transferring from one FMO to another in the MA world. It's not always 'easy', depending on the company and the particular FMO, but usually it IS possible.

We'd be happy to lend a hand, or at least pass on any advice that we could offer if it would be of any assistance. We don't offer any MA contracts through our office, but have dealt with most National carriers in the past, and would be happy to recommend a few FMO's that would be easier to work with in the future should you need a release down the road for one reason or another.

The MA world is getting tougher and tougher to work in as each year passes, and the number of solid FMO's to work with seems to shrink each year as well.

We look forward to offering our help should you want it!

Senior Market Design, Inc

Coventry said I could switch if I did not sell one piece of their MA business for atleast 6 months. That is the possible downside of trying to switch.:1frown:

We have assisted a number of agents with transferring from one FMO to another in the MA world. It's not always 'easy', depending on the company and the particular FMO, but usually it IS possible.

We'd be happy to lend a hand, or at least pass on any advice that we could offer if it would be of any assistance. We don't offer any MA contracts through our office, but have dealt with most National carriers in the past, and would be happy to recommend a few FMO's that would be easier to work with in the future should you need a release down the road for one reason or another.

The MA world is getting tougher and tougher to work in as each year passes, and the number of solid FMO's to work with seems to shrink each year as well.

We look forward to offering our help should you want it!

Senior Market Design, Inc

The number of solid FMO's to work with is no more or less than it's ever been. The good ones were always the good ones. The sharks were always the sharks.

Do you offer upfront releases? If not, you should stay out of this discussion.

The number of solid FMO's to work with is no more or less than it's ever been. The good ones were always the good ones. The sharks were always the sharks.

Agreed.

I've worked with FMOs that have no issue with releases (Ritter and Senior Market Sales immediately come to mind) and agencies that refused to release me (RBI - Bob Bever - and AGA - Applied General Agencies - are just two on my sh*t list).

However, I think that most marketers are reasonable. I have upfront release letters from several that I use even though it is their practice to release upon request.

Rick

Yes, we offer upfront releases upon request. Our standard practice is to offer all agents releases with written request and explanation.

In this day and age, it's hard to imagine that any FMO would be able to continue receiving business if they DID NOT offer open releases. The FMO business is a service oriented business, in our opinion, if we are able to service our agents to the full extent of what they are looking for, there should not be any reason for us to worry about our agents wanting releases.

We desire to EARN our agents business not demand it!

Yes, we offer upfront releases upon request. Our standard practice is to offer all agents releases with written request and explanation.

In this day and age, it's hard to imagine that any FMO would be able to continue receiving business if they DID NOT offer open releases. The FMO business is a service oriented business, in our opinion, if we are able to service our agents to the full extent of what they are looking for, there should not be any reason for us to worry about our agents wanting releases.

In this day and age, its standard practice still for FMO's to NOT HAVE open release policies in place in writing. Since its so hard for you to imagine, what do you think about that?

We desire to EARN our agents business not demand it!

1. Why does the agent need to write a request and explanation?

2. Do you ever deny the release, if so what reasons for denial?

Last edited:
1. Why does the agent need to write a request and explanation?

2. Do you ever deny the release, if so what reasons for denial?

To Answer:

1. We ask for a written request and explanation, out of common courtesy. If we are just granting releases right and left, without any explanation, we would lose our opportunity to learn how we can make our business better!​

2. We fortunately have never had reason to deny a release. The only reason I can foresee that we might NOT release an agent, would be in a scenario that might expose us to large chargebacks.​

We feel that we offer our agents competitive products/commissions, along with great agent support! So barring rare circumstances, although we offer upfront releases, we rarely see them requested.

Back