Final Expense 86 Year Old....NO LUCK

Andrew.Pryor

Expert
I've contacted American Continental, they recently have dropped rates and are 3 weeks behind in processing contracts. I have had ZERO luck in finding a company to write an 86 Year Old. Does anyone know a company that will do it?

I've contacted American Continental, they recently have dropped rates and are 3 weeks behind in processing contracts. I have had ZERO luck in finding a company to write an 86 Year Old. Does anyone know a company that will do it?

American Continental would be your best bet unless you went the preneed route.

They have not dropped their rates. You got bad info there.

I just got off the phone with American Continental and that was what she said was the reason they are behind. What Pre-need company do you recommend?

I just got off the phone with American Continental and that was what she said was the reason they are behind. What Pre-need company do you recommend?

I don't do preneed. Talk to Newby for direction on that. AmCon did recently reduce their med sup rates in some states. That may have been what she was talking about.

They haven't changed their FE rates since they got back into FE almost 2 years ago. I wish they would. That's the only reason I don't use them all the time.

I love working with AmCon. They are about as agent friendly as it gets. Or, they were until Aetna bought them. I don't that will change things, but I've dealt with Aetna in the past and they were anything but agent friendly. So far I have not seen a difference with AmCon. They still call than thank me for the business about once a week and ask if I need any supplies.

Preneed policies have to be single pay after age 85. And with most of them you have to work through a funeral home.

Some FE companies will let you write her as an 85 year old if she is within 6 months of her last birthday. She will have to pay for months since her birthday to do it.

Two good options. Get your contracting in TODAY and write the apps in a couple of weeks or backdate the app for American Memorial. We covered this last week. At the age of 86 those are the two best options. Present them to the client and see which one they want to pursue.

I just sent my American Continental in yesterday and they said 2 to 3 weeks but you are right it's because of their Med Sup product I believe.

Preneed policies have to be single pay after age 85. And with most of them you have to work through a funeral home.

Some FE companies will let you write her as an 85 year old if she is within 6 months of her last birthday. She will have to pay for months since her birthday to do it.
Forethought or Great Western (Ogden UT) will accept 86yo on a 3 yr plan pre need or final ex. Pricey though. 39/mo...

Back