Finalexpense101.com

Study... any and everything you're interested in. Until you're friends/family call you an insurance nerd you aren't studying enough.

Give up your social life. I built my ind. health book like I've built every book I have. I walk/talk to everyone. Back then I walked into every business "introducing" who I am and what I do. All day... every day. First call at a business can be as early as 7am and as last call as late as 7/8pm.

Activity = results. If you have the right attitude, commit the right activities, you can't help but succeed. It's impossible. If a person wants to succeed in this business they will.

Now you went and did it Gordon. You just told everyone what we have been trying to keep quiet about for all these years, the "secret" to our success.

For all those who are looking for the "secret to being successful" selling insurance, Gordon has just "let it out of the bag" and he didn't even say he would have to shoot people who read it.

Gordon, that is good. I envy anyone that can do that.

I know you are right. It just takes hard work.

I just wished that I had worked as hard as I did and been paid properly. Also, I would have made more sales in Final Expense if I had more knowledge of the different products out there ...

That's all I'm saying. When you are new, you don't know what to do or what to sell and everyone is telling you to do this or that -- not really ever giving out all the information needed. Most of the time, newbies get confused and often times give up.

I put this site together to help people make a baby step into the insurance industry.

I know it may not be the best long term product for a career, but it's an entry point. You can learn and make good money while you are learning.

In the mean time, they can talk to you and other pros on this board and learn more advanced insurance focused on a higher end clientele -- or whatever??

I do feel that chasing poor people is tiring and if I put the same effort into annuities or other investment products, I would be doing even better.

But, again, why would these people buy from me when I'm just out of the cradle? However, now that i have some experience, i can fake it. I can learn a product and make believe I know what I'm talking about (if I have to, i mean) because I know the sales process. I understand the insurance business, the products etc. I can spend a day learning about annuities and then sit in front of someone and BS my way through it. Now, it may not be the best presentation in the world, but I can learn it. I can wing it. I can master it.

I'm convinced that there is no stopping me now. I know the business and I will succeed.

Which, by the way, does not entail me busting my but like you mentioned.

Work smarter, not harder (however, it seems you are doing that now).

But you still have to work hard. I'm just not going to do that cold calling, beating the streets stuff -- too old school.

Technology is so much easier.

Jody

Last edited:
.. too old school.

Technology is so much easier ...

Jody

... and reaches a very small part of your possible market.

Good luck.

ps. My books are filled with people that will never return a mail piece, talk to a telemarketer, or buy something on the internet nor use it to get information. Some people are just "like that". I found em by being physically in front of them with a business card in hand.

... and reaches a very small part of your possible market.

Good luck.

ps. My books are filled with people that will never return a mail piece, talk to a telemarketer, or buy something on the internet nor use it to get information. Some people are just "like that". I found em by being physically in front of them with a business card in hand.

Yeah, you could look at that way, or look at the 400 apps you wrote this year off those mailers, telemarketed leads, dialer leads, RBX leads ... some internet leads (the only good ones for final expense are leads from your own site).

I'd rather spend my day going to appointments and not prospecting.

You need leads, to get your days full of appointments.

It cost money ...

So, it's a matter of if you want to spend money or time getting leads ...

I'll spend the money on my leads and spend my time making money.

Actually we do neither now. We get more than enough word of mouth referrals that we don't buy anything other than a rare ad in the local rags.

115 new medicare supplements ytd without looking for one.

Actually we do neither now. We get more than enough word of mouth referrals that we don't buy anything other than a rare ad in the local rags.

115 new medicare supplements ytd without looking for one.

That is sweet!!!!

I didn't mean to get in a battle about prospecting and leads. We all know they both work.

Finalexpense101.com is only intended to help agents develop a focus and have a system to use to start making a lot sales. Once they get the hang of it, then they can either make it their main gig or learn about other insurance products, prospecting systems, investment strategies or whatever .... the website is a resource without any strings attached so the agent can make an informed decision on what direction they want to go ....they can be an independent agent making 105%-125% commission right from the beginning or they can go ahead and be a sucker for awhile until they realize, "What the heck am I doing?"

Then they can come back to the site and do it the right way :) ... then they can contact you on how to do it even a better way .... yeah?

Cool ... whatever .... I just wish I had found something like this when I started ....

I know a guy here in S.A. that only does FE and has only done FE for ten years. He is making $4000 a month just in residuals, not including his persistent $20K a month in sales.

That guy would be Shannon Davey. The guy that taught you whatever you know... Please tell me you give Shannon a portion of that $50 dollar fee... I would think he should be a partner...
;)

Shannon is great and I recommend anyone going under him; however, my site is not about what he taught me or what equita taught me, it goes much further than that. In fact, it is based on everything I learned after Equita.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have also heard that Travis is really good ... I definitely liked listening to his training on EQUITA ... You may find that he can help you more than me. Travis is the guy above me ... Hoosierdaddy

Last edited:
I'm on the coast ... Rockport ... very nice place ....
imgres

Back