Finalexpense101.com

If you want a truly free way to map out a route, use Mapquest. You can put in up to 10 points and re-arrange them to minimize distance, or ease of access from free-ways, etc.

You get a map and directions. Be careful if your plans change and you decide to run the route in reverse while in the field! You have to remember to reverse the turn by turn, and sometimes one-way streets will get you. A gps will help in the latter case.... Problem with my gps is that I haven't taken the time to learn how to put in multiple points, and even if I did, rearrange them for convenience, so I use mapquest and the gps together. Mapquest for planning, and gps in the field.

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to organize your prospects by geographic area so that when you started calling you were only calling in limited area? Even that can be difficult to do if one is setting appointments for a specific time of the day.

The only way I can really see that work is if the agent is telling the prospect that he/she is "going to be in their area" on a given day without setting a specific time.

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to organize your prospects by geographic area so that when you started calling you were only calling in limited area? Even that can be difficult to do if one is setting appointments for a specific time of the day.

The only way I can really see that work is if the agent is telling the prospect that he/she is "going to be in their area" on a given day without setting a specific time.

You are correct, Frank... I just didn't state the obvious. However, I don't use the "just happened to be in your area" ploy.

I use a similar mapping system but you can put in hundreds of addresses to be mapped out. This works really well when you have a pile of old leads that have not been answering their phone or they said they weren't interested over the phone or the hung up or whatever.

I will spend one Saturday or Monday each month going to their door and it really helps to map it out so you aren't driving all over the place.

I believe some of the more expensive GPS's do this for you?

Mine does not so I just plug in each address as I'm going. Not perfect, but it's close.

You are correct, Frank... I just didn't state the obvious. However, I don't use the "just happened to be in your area" ploy.

It never ceases to amaze me how many agent just call indiscriminately without regard to where the prospect lives.

I know because at one time I did the same thing. One sure gets to see a lot of country between appointments or calls. The gas station owners use to send me Christmas presents.

I was wondering where retreads mapping thread went to? Funny. I was really confused.

It started out in the offer section and guess got pruned over to this thread??

I was wondering where retreads mapping thread went to? Funny. I was really confused.

It started out in the offer section and guess got pruned over to this thread??

I never offered a mapping program... I just mentioned that mapquest (free) did more than most people realize.

Interesting. Did you know that it was in the offer section at one point? That is where I responded to your post and then it got moved to this thread.

I don't know. Guess only the Moderator knows :)

Have you guys checked out google street view??? I can look at the front of your homes now and see the cars you drive...

Then I use google earth and start flying around like superman!!!

You sound like me. I saw a guy use it on youtube and then I downloaded it. I have been traveling all over with that thing from Hawaii to Paris.

Back