Finalexpense101.com

Basically, you will learn everything you need to know to get into Final Expense sales. I have listed just about every company you can sign on with and their strengths. I have also pointed you to some of the IMO's that pay the highest commissions for final expense sales. I have included many lead sources and a complete sales presentation. I have done really well in selling final expense life insurance. I started with Equita and I was killing it ... surpassing everyone ... however, I wasn't getting paid nearly what I should have been so I went independent. I'm now seeing the money. It's great. I make less sales but I get paid. I had help from a lot of experienced agents and they helped me write a lot of the material I've posted. You won't be dissappointed. Even if you decide to go captive, it's a lot of useful information that will help you in Final Expense Sales. I will keep adding to the site and I will answer any questions you have. I'm not the most experienced agent on this forum but I have final expense sales wired now. I'm sure there is a lot more to learn but, for the new agent, it's a great place to start and you can learn in a few hours, what took me a over a year to learn. Save yourself the headache and money ... plus you will increase your chances of succeeding.

Last edited:
FE is a great income earner, but don't try to make a "long term living" on it. What I mean as a long term living is this: My Blue Cross book of business that I haven't added to in over five years just paid me $2300 this month and as been paying between $1800 and $2300/mo since 2004. You'd have to sell a arse load of FE to make $1000/mo in 2nd and following years residuals. I've sold boats loads of FE and get a decent check, but the best you'll get after the 1st year is 3-11% for a FE sale and taking into account that the average FE sale is ~$40/mo... that ain't squat.

Damn good first year money, but the following years ain't there. You'll have to sell your arse off for 6-10 years to build a substantial income stream. That's what this business is about afterall.

Last edited:
FE is a great income earner, but don't try to make a "long term living" on it. What I mean as a long term living is this: My Blue Cross book of business that I haven't added to in over five years just paid me $2300 this month and as been paying between $1800 and $2300/mo since 2004. You'd have to sell a arse load of FE to make $1000/mo in 2nd and following years residuals. I've sold boats loads of FE and get a decent check, but the best you'll get after the 1st year is 3-11% for a FE sale and taking into account that the average FE sale is ~$40/mo... that ain't squat.

Damn good first year money, but the following years ain't there. You'll have to sell your arse off for 6-10 years to build a substantial income stream. That's what this business is about afterall.

Your book has paid you between $1800-$2300/mo. since 2004....and you haven't place any business there since 2004...and you book paid you $2300 this past month? How does your book's comm. grow (from $1800 to $2300) without adding any new business? Your comm. would either stay the same or slowly shrink. Or am I missing something here?

Final Expense is a great income earner, but don't try to make a "long term living" on it. What I mean as a long term living is this: My Blue Cross book of business that I haven't added to in over five years just paid me $2300 this month and as been paying between $1800 and $2300/mo since 2004. You'd have to sell a arse load of FE to make $1000/mo in 2nd and following years residuals. I've sold boats loads of FE and get a decent check, but the best you'll get after the 1st year is 3-11% for a FE sale and taking into account that the average FE sale is ~$40/mo... that ain't squat.

That may or may not be true for everyone. I know a guy here in S.A. that only does Final Expense and has only done Final Expense sales for ten years. He is making $4000 a month just in residuals, not including his persistent $20K a month in sales.

Personally, I recommend people doing more than just Final Expense for a living but Final Expense sales is a great place to start. Once you learn it, you can easily learn all other aspects of insurance. It's breaking into the business that is the hard part.

Once you understand how to sell, how to buy leads, how to get referrals, how to prospect, how to follow up on your book of business, how to shop around for companies and get the best contracts, etc ... then you can gradually add more products.

You may find you are better suited sell annuities or health insurance or .. hell, auto insurance ...

What difference does it make? If you prefer to work hard for a year and then make $2k a month without doing anything, then you can sell BCBS ... or whatever ...

The hardest part is breaking into the business.

Now that I know Final Expense sales backwards and forwards and I can sell it with my eyes closed, I can easily start cross selling med sups, annuities and health insurance.

Try to do that when you are brand new.

Ha! It won't happen.

Last edited:
Your book has paid you between $1800-$2300/mo. since 2004....and you haven't place any business there since 2004...and you book paid you $2300 this past month? How does your book's comm. grow (from $1800 to $2300) without adding any new business? Your comm. would either stay the same or slowly shrink. Or am I missing something here?

It's a book of individual health policies. Some pay annual. Get a couple of those one month and you can realize the difference. It has dropped over time. 12/2004 it was around $3500/mo.

It's a book of individual health policies. Some pay annual. Get a couple of those one month and you can realize the difference. It has dropped over time. 12/2004 it was around $3500/mo.

So?? How do you do it? How would a new agent make this happen right now ... out of the starting gate?

So?? How do you do it? How would a new agent make this happen right now ... out of the starting gate?

Study... any and everything you're interested in. Until you're friends/family call you an insurance nerd you aren't studying enough.

Give up your social life. I built my ind. health book like I've built every book I have. I walk/talk to everyone. Back then I walked into every business "introducing" who I am and what I do. All day... every day. First call at a business can be as early as 7am and as last call as late as 7/8pm.

Activity = results. If you have the right attitude, commit the right activities, you can't help but succeed. It's impossible. If a person wants to succeed in this business they will.

Back