First Family Insurance

They are a good company to work for. Everything is done over the phone and you always have leads to call. You can make decent money but you need to work and follow their system. There's a reason they got so big so fast and it's because their systems do work. There are many departments there now I understand, even a Medicare call center. They did a huge business, over 50MM a year and it's probably double that now, and have agents that work remotely in many states. If you sign on as captive your commissions will be assigned, which most agents don't recommend you do. But If you are just learning the business, it may not be bad for you. You can also build a team and have an independent contract, and you may be able to get leads too. That's the way it was a few years back anyway. They let me switch to an independent contract after a while and that worked out better for me. They were all easy to get along with and I enjoyed working there. I still get paid residuals from them. I left because I moved out of the area and also wanted to be able to get my own contracts that I didn't need to keep with one agency. If you work with them and get their leads you'll need to pretty much just submit all your business through them. Maybe things have changed though...Feel free to message me if you have any more questions.

I know this thread is a bit old, but just wondering how things are going? Thinking of joining them as a captive agent, got my license in February, still a newbie.

Back