Funeral Guardian Society

you guys are all cryin like a bunch of spoiled little baby girls...and still going on about it. I just came on here to read some useful info and it's pathetic how nearly every post on here seems to get so side tracked so quickly

If its such a waste of your time, then go away. I can assure you that you won't be missed. After all, your the one wasting everyone's time by dredging up old threads.:nah:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

BTW, just did another google map on them. Now it appears they are run out of a residential house:

Funeral Consumer Guardian Society
910 Silver St
New Albany, IN

Last edited:
If its such a waste of your time, then go away. I can assure you that you won't be missed. After all, your the one wasting everyone's time by dredging up old threads.:nah:

BTW, just did another google map on them. Now it appears they are run out of a residential house:

910 Silver St
New Albany, IN

Interesting. Maybe they needed to take their act mobile.

910 Silver St
New Albany, IN

Yes, it's at the owner's home. It's actually in what used to be a barn and it has been totally renovated. I've been there. it is a very nice, well run operation.

You can not like the product and feel that it does not provide value or that it is nothing but a marketing gimmick, but to bust on the location is just wrong. Except for the fact that it is in Indiana!:D Bust on the state all you want.:1cute:

I just had new hard flooring installed. I did not have to pay in advance. We also had new countertops installed, I did not have to pay before services were rendered.

It is my opinion that most funeral home operators are especially greedy and they have lived on preying on on people's emotions at their most emotional moments. Most funeral home operators will not police themselves, so it's good to have someone to do that for people. Right here in my small town there is a $3000 difference for the exact same funeral between two funeral homes that are 1 mile apart. People don't know that funeral services are standardized and have to be itemized in the same order. People don't "shop" their funerals for their loved ones. Most don't know they can or that it would do them so much good if they did.

You are looking at this from the funeral home side. I'm looking at the consumer side.

If you fail to pay for the flooring or counter tops (or any work done on your house), the vendor can take a builder's lien against the house. It is hard to take a lien against a casket in the ground or a burial plot... No court is going to order a disinterment!:no:

If you fail to pay for the flooring or counter tops (or any work done on your house), the vendor can take a builder's lien against the house. It is hard to take a lien against a casket in the ground or a burial plot... No court is going to order a disinterment!:no:
It won't get that far. If you don't pay up front, the body will remain in the morgue until you do.

Yes, it's at the owner's home. It's actually in what used to be a barn and it has been totally renovated. I've been there. it is a very nice, well run operation.

You can not like the product and feel that it does not provide value or that it is nothing but a marketing gimmick, but to bust on the location is just wrong. Except for the fact that it is in Indiana!:D Bust on the state all you want.:1cute:

JD, you have to know that it's a sales gimmick for Lincoln Heritage. How many policies do you think they sell a year that are NOT tied to the sale of a Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance policy?

Do you think a Lincoln Heritage agent has EVER been in a home that didn't need more insurance but thought he should sign them up for the Consumer Guardian plan? I doubt it. I doubt a single agent has even told them that was an option.

You said in this thread earlier that the guardian benefit pays the claim within 48 hours with no death certificate but I hope you realize that is wrong. If you have the guardian plan with a Monumental policy for instance...will they pay with no death certificate?

The feature you described is done by ALL pre-need insurance companies. FOreThought, Homesteaders, NGL, Lincoln Heritage, etc. They all pay within 48 hours with no death cert needed on NON-contestible claims. The CFGS adds nothing to this benefit.

You mentioned that the CFGS won't help people if they die within 24 months. DO you mean they won't even do what they said and caLL the funeral homes and price shop? Why wouldn't they at least do that much?

I see no REAL benefit to it. Not enough to give up thousands of dollars of additional insurance coverage that they could have left their kids.

JD, you have to know that it's a sales gimmick for Lincoln Heritage. How many policies do you think they sell a year that are NOT tied to the sale of a Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance policy?

Do you think a Lincoln Heritage agent has EVER been in a home that didn't need more insurance but thought he should sign them up for the Consumer Guardian plan? I doubt it. I doubt a single agent has even told them that was an option.

You said in this thread earlier that the guardian benefit pays the claim within 48 hours with no death certificate but I hope you realize that is wrong. If you have the guardian plan with a Monumental policy for instance...will they pay with no death certificate?

The feature you described is done by ALL pre-need insurance companies. FOreThought, Homesteaders, NGL, Lincoln Heritage, etc. They all pay within 48 hours with no death cert needed on NON-contestible claims. The CFGS adds nothing to this benefit.

You mentioned that the CFGS won't help people if they die within 24 months. DO you mean they won't even do what they said and caLL the funeral homes and price shop? Why wouldn't they at least do that much?

I see no REAL benefit to it. Not enough to give up thousands of dollars of additional insurance coverage that they could have left their kids.

Actually they pay within 24 hours of death if the policy is out of contestable period. I believe that 90% of LH policies hav eht FCGS added to them. That was the number they always gave. Some agents do not add it on even though it's free.

In the contestable period they will do absolutely nothing. No calls to the funeral home, no help with paperwork, nothing.

I don't know anything about how the preneed business works and neither do the vast majority of FE clients. Paying the claim within 24 hours is not something that most FE companies do. I just had an Americo claim that was out of contestability. They paid within a month. That's quick for most insurance companies.

Actually they pay within 24 hours of death if the policy is out of contestable period. I believe that 90% of LH policies hav eht FCGS added to them. That was the number they always gave. Some agents do not add it on even though it's free.

In the contestable period they will do absolutely nothing. No calls to the funeral home, no help with paperwork, nothing.

I don't know anything about how the preneed business works and neither do the vast majority of FE clients. Paying the claim within 24 hours is not something that most FE companies do. I just had an Americo claim that was out of contestability. They paid within a month. That's quick for most insurance companies.

JD,

I am told that LH pays claims 24 hours after receiving the death certificate. Is this the case with your experience when you were writing LH policies?

JD,

I am told that LH pays claims 24 hours after receiving the death certificate. Is this the case with your experience when you were writing LH policies?

Yes, I can assure you that LH, ForeThought, Homesteaders, Cincinnati Equitable ALL pay noncontestible claims with 24 hours. My point is that the FCBS does nothing to add to this. It's either a feature of the insurance company or it's not. The FCBS does not have any effect on it.

Those companies all started out as funeral Preneed companies and that is a required feature for Preneed insurance.

Believe it or not, Homesteaders Life actually has check books in the funeral homes and if they get a Homesteaders life policy in on a funeral they are to just write their own check for the funeral amount and deposit it in their bank.

Back