Giveaways and Prizes

Cencal

Health and Life Agent here. I have a booth at the 55+ fair in town. We will be raffling off a smart tv. Is it an acceptable practice to ask people to join our mailing list to enter the drawing? We won't be enrolling anyone on Medicare Advantage or Part D. Just talking supplements and life insurance.

Thanks for the replies.

It sounds like we will not be doing a raffle. Thats to bad. I was really excited.

----------

What about a top selling educational book offer in your T65 Mailer? $12 Value. How do we find out these things for sure. I do not see this stuff at the DOI website.

It sounds like we will not be doing a raffle. Thats to bad. I was really excited.

----------

What about a top selling educational book offer in your T65 Mailer? $12 Value. How do we find out these things for sure. I do not see this stuff at the DOI website.

Just do some google searches---emai your State Dept of Insurance

If you are this unsure your upline should help you

There is a difference between a door prize and a raffle, if you are really wanting to give away a prize. Tickets handed out to all participants and all have an equal opportunity to win. American Cancer Society has a nice PDF describing the difference between the two:

http://relay.acsevents.org/site/DocServer/Raffles_QA_s_.pdf?docID=200735

I have a booth at our local similar event, sponsored by our state representative and they encourage door prizes and hand out tickets to everyone who attends. I keep what we are giving away at my booth so as people come to look at it, I encourage them to fill out a business reply card.

If you are concerned about what your DOI allows, it might be worth a phone call just to be on the safe side.

Words do matter. :biggrin:

In a raffle, you are selling tickets as entries. With a door prize, you are awarding a gift merely for attending.

Please do check with your DOI concerning a door prize. Some states are very strict upon any kind of gift, while others are more loose and merely don't want it tied to a purchase of insurance.

Back