Going to Start Door Knocking for Med Sup, Suggestions?

When someone knocks on my door branded with all that cable or energy company stuff plastered all over them, the psychological effect it has on me is "Oh crap, someone here to sell me something.":no: I rarely answer the door. When a professional looking person wearing and carrying nothing knocks, I think it may be a guy in the neighborhood I don't know or a police officer. I am curious. I almost always answer. It can work both ways.

I have the same train of thought. When I see a bunch of branded stuff I know someone is trying to sell me something and I automatically block out anything they say.

So, OP, how did it go? Make any sales?

I had the entire list posted and it was ridiculously long so i shorten it, its on the don't list for Medicare solicitation guidelines. I can see i'm going to be beat up by trying to help so i'll just say, good luck and God bless.

So someone correcting your information in which you even said "correct me if I'm wrong" amounts to beating you up?

So, OP, how did it go? Make any sales?

It went ok. I didn't end up doing as much Medicare prospecting as I expected to, for reasons beyond my control my focus was shifted to other products for a while. But I did sell a policy totally cold, and sold another after door knocking and getting an appointment. Going back at it Monday.

I would be curious about persistency on cold calling Medigap D2D. Any experienced agents want to weigh in on this?

A good rebuttal would be to ask them the last time they met with their Medicare agent to see that they are not over-paying for their medicare coverage? If they haven't met them in years, or don't have one except a 1800 # to talk to, then that will give you a good opening to wedge yourself in.

I would door knock Med Supps in an instant if I could. I would show people how they can afford a HHC policy almost for free after I save them money on their medigap. Combine that with Kemper's Rx rider reimbursement, after the second year its gonna feel like its free.
I agree with Mike, as long as you keep in touch I would figure persistency should be the same if not better than over the phone.

Back