Good Med Supp Companies in Ohio

We are an independent agency in Ohio that has only written P&C and life. We want to start offering med supps and advantage plans. Any suggestions for good companies in Ohio to get appointed with? What is the usual commission structure? How long does it take to get appointed?

Thanks in advance for the info.

To name a few are Cigna, Aetna, Stonebridge, and Manhattan. For MA Plans, Humana, Aetna, UHC.

There are other companies as well, but these are some of the top ones.

Without being able to look right now, commissions will probably range from 20% to 24%. For MA's it should be around $425 for new enrollments.

It will take about 1-2 weeks to get appointed for Med Supps. For MA plans the process is a bit longer because you also have certify for it.

The commission is 24% of the premium? I have a Bankers Life producer that wants to come work with us but her commission is already 24%. She said I would get higher and she wanted a better split.

Thanks for the info.

The commission is 24% of the premium? I have a Bankers Life producer that wants to come work with us but her commission is already 24%. She said I would get higher and she wanted a better split. Thanks for the info.

You have to be able to sell it to get paid. BLC is not competitive for med supp. 24% or 100% of nothing is $0

The commission is 24% of the premium? I have a Bankers Life producer that wants to come work with us but her commission is already 24%. She said I would get higher and she wanted a better split.

Thanks for the info.

Banker's Agents tell clients more stories the empire state building

I guess that's because there products are not competitive
and they don't have many options

Also clearly they are pushed to sell financial products and package them
as well as use scare tactics.

When I hear a prospect tell me any of the red flags I already know its a bankers agent that either sold or tried to sell to them.

Honestly if that's what someone needs to do to make money with them I would gladly work for half just not to

Just as importantly it does not matter how high a commission is if the product sells

many times I've sold a product I got 18% when I had a product with 23%
commission.

1 its the right thing to do
2 it means higher close ratio
3 better retention
4 more referrals

Thanks for all the info guys. Can anyone tell me what Cigna, Aetna, Stonebridge, and Manhattan. For MA Plans, Humana, Aetna, UHC pays as commission direct to the Agent? I just want to figure out how much I can pay the producer.

What is a good split for a producer and what percentage does the Agency usually keep? They would be providing most of their own leads but we would be doing the service (if there is any).

Sorry for sounding so ignorant but this is a new product for us.

Thanks again.

Here in Ohio the top dogs for MA are Anthem BC&BS, Humana, UHC
That should be plenty to get you going
Then for Medigap UHC's AARP plans & Medico are extremely competitive with an occasional Mutual of Omaha

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info guys. Can anyone tell me what Cigna, Aetna, Stonebridge, and Manhattan. For MA Plans, Humana, Aetna, UHC pays as commission direct to the Agent? I just want to figure out how much I can pay the producer.

What is a good split for a producer and what percentage does the Agency usually keep? They would be providing most of their own leads but we would be doing the service (if there is any).

Sorry for sounding so ignorant but this is a new product for us.

Thanks again.

Where at in Ohio are you?

Back