Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum

Reply to GOP Health Care Changes     
Old 05-09-2017, 12:57 PM   #1
Super Genius

State: timeflies is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
GOP Health Care Changes GOP Health Care Changes
One of my members used to be on Medicaid as their secondary, now they have Aetna here in Ohio. That was part of the implementation of ObamaCare where states started enrolling Dual Eligibles into managed care plans under what were called Demonstration Projects. Its called My Care Ohio here. Some people have the My Care Ohio plans as their primary and secondary. I cannot find anything as to whether the GOP plan alters the demonstration projects. Does anyone know if these will be affected by GOP changes. I'd like My Care Ohio to go away completely personally.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to GOP Health Care Changes
Old 05-09-2017, 03:23 PM   #2
Guru
somarco on GOP Health Care Changes

State: somarco is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
somarco is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
GOP Health Care Changes Re: GOP Health Care Changes
Until the bill goes through the Senate and is signed by the prez, anything is just speculation. How your situation is or is not addressed at this time is moot.

The doctor is in. Five cents please.
Georgia Medicare Plans
GA Medicare Supplement Rates
(404) 252-5859
Old 09-11-2017, 11:35 PM   #3

State: Pinkpoet8813 is an Insurance Agent from
GOP Health Care Changes Re: GOP Health Care Changes
Originally Posted by timeflies View Post
One of my members used to be on Medicaid as their secondary, now they have Aetna here in Ohio. That was part of the implementation of ObamaCare where states started enrolling Dual Eligibles into managed care plans under what were called Demonstration Projects. Its called My Care Ohio here. Some people have the My Care Ohio plans as their primary and secondary. I cannot find anything as to whether the GOP plan alters the demonstration projects. Does anyone know if these will be affected by GOP changes. I'd like My Care Ohio to go away completely personally.
You can opt your client out of managed care for their Medicare still. Just glad your medicare so stare can't opt them in.

I hate managed care
Reply to GOP Health Care Changes 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum