Great American Senior Benefits

Looks like Great American has hooked up with Royal Neighbors now to sell their life insurance.

I literally just got back from the RNA convention, and heard nothing of this. I know RNA has a major surplus of cash, but quite honestly they cannot handle the amount of business they are receiving now??? This is bad news for me. I foresee stricter underwriting and slower policy issue time... But they do throw one hell of a party!!!

Great American Senior Benefits career division is expanding to California in the fall of 2009 with an expanded portfolio of products, carriers and free lead sources.

Finally "Golden State" agents can work with a company that's fully committed to supporting career agents in the Senior market.

Watch for fast growth on this strategic California expansion project. To find out the latest, google Great American Senior Benefits in Irvine, CA.

I didn't get free leads like I was promised. That was one of the ways my upline screwed us. The commission was not much different. I made 20% on the med supps and i think street is around 20-22%. Absolutely no training either. The guy I worked for only hired agents with a block of business to roll and then when you leave him he rolls your block of business to a new company.

Just wondering. How long ago did you work for GASB? Did they actually not give you a single lead at all? Did you talk to your manager and how did he/she respond?

THanks

Looks like Great American has hooked up with Royal Neighbors now to sell their life insurance.

That's not anything new, been writing RNA for a while now. Though, this month we are adding a few more companies. John Handcock, MoO, BCBS and metlife I believe.

Good morning all! I am curious to see if anyone has any information good or bad on Great American Senior benefits. They claim to be a major player in the Senior Market.
hello all, i'm also interested if anyone knows anything about great american senior benefits. i've rec'd 2 calls for job interviews however all the recruiter from a yahoo email address would tell me was that it was "advising seniors and you would be trained" and "customer service rep". i'm an executive assistant and have been for several years so don't know why they're contacting someone like me. also saw a few scam articles on google. if anyone has info on this company located in palm harbor, fl (tampa bay area), that would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

I read some old posts about Great American back from 2008. I was wondering if anyone on this board is currently working with this company as a captive Agent and would like to offer some feedback (Pro and Cons) in regards to working with this company.

I started with them in January of '09 and left in march of 2010.

Pros- you get some training. A phone and fax machine to use...thats about all the pros.

Cons- you give up a good amount of commissions. They won't let you keep residuals on any united healthcare unless you do $36k/year in non UHC products.

Because you say Great American Senior Benefits and not just great American, your not technically captive with them. You write for other companies.

I read some old posts about Great American back from 2008. I was wondering if anyone on this board is currently working with this company as a captive Agent and would like to offer some feedback (Pro and Cons) in regards to working with this company.

You don't have to be captive to have Great American. Call them directly and they will give you a good contract.
I don't understand why anyone would want to be captive once they know what to do.

Back