Great American Senior Benefits

^yeah you do upload all the clients data because when you sign a contract you do NOT keep your clients if you leave before 3 years.

They are not trying to ruin you. They are trying to run a business. They give training, though minimal and pretty much just hope that agents stick.

When I left last year, 3 others left with me and our old office hasn't been right since. They are barely making it, so it's not like they are royally raping the agents. But they are just enough that I knew better to leave after 1.5 years

As far as ruining an Agency, if you leave, just wait, its coming. GASB will falsely accuse you of rolling business, take you into court, get the DOI involved, purjer theirselves in court and with DOI interviews. I've been there. It wasn't pretty. I beat them with the DOI, but not in the TX courts, I still have 4 years left on my statue of limitations before I can enter the state of TX!

As far as ASB goes, I have no experience with them. However, no company owns my book!

They didn't falsely accuse you Dan. You were rolling every agents business underneath you plus yours I am sure. I see nothing wrong with rolling your own business though as long as you don't leave a debt.

As far as ruining an Agency, if you leave, just wait, its coming. GASB will falsely accuse you of rolling business, take you into court, get the DOI involved, purjer theirselves in court and with DOI interviews. I've been there. It wasn't pretty. I beat them with the DOI, but not in the TX courts, I still have 4 years left on my statue of limitations before I can enter the state of TX!

As far as ASB goes, I have no experience with them. However, no company owns my book!

That didn't happen to any of us that left the agency. I'm guessing you left of bad terms

They didn't falsely accuse you Dan. You were rolling every agents business underneath you plus yours I am sure. I see nothing wrong with rolling your own business though as long as you don't leave a debt.

Mike, for the last time, I did not roll any business. I had a heart attack, was not allowed to work for 6 months, and I didn't. They listed as evidence all cancellations the agency had lost in 3 1/2 years, 71 total, to the court and the DOI, stating that I had rolled them all. All 71 were replaced by other agents or switched to MA. I provided all of this info to the courts in TX, and they threw it out (bought and paid for court). The DOI on the other hand threw out GASB complaints as false, and dropped all investigations. Why in the f*&^k would I roll any business @ 28% comp+, with an 8% override on subagents business. I had no agency, no agents, was not working. Not until they termed me w/cause for no other reason than what I knew on the Executive in Charge was doing with another female agent from Indiana. The same reason they termed the other 2 agencies in Indiana. When it was brought into court and the DOI, at that point it no longer mattered, I was termed with cause, so I went rolling then. I had to, to pay for the legal/DOI costs.

Mike, I am not going to get into a pissing match with you, I don't care at all, its history, its over. I've left your clients alone, as I have with many of the former sub-agents. I will never have another sub-agent again. I waisted $100'sK on supporting the agents with leads/loans/etc., I will never do that again, or contract with any company with Billy Hill in charge, or a few other people.

Mr. Hill has the reputation of going after former agents, check with any broker that has been in this business for a long time.

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match either. I could care less about what happened in the past but there is no need to lie about it. Most agents do roll business. I have received a few calls from my old GASB clients saying that a rep from them was calling and trying to sell them identity theft protection. Someone also told me that home office was selling a CGI plan direct to consumers. I don't know that for a fact though. None of my clients have mentioned that.

I've had 2 clients recently that were called directly from GASB, trying to get them to talk about switching to Loyal American "N", even when they hadn't had a policy with GASB for a couple of years. They made a point of telling the clients that CGI was not out of business, and was selling in other states, well not according to thier product guide. It's hard telling what those crooks are up to now.

I still have many friends that were or are still with them, plus other agents that didn't have anything to do with GASB, all had heard of how I was screwed over because of the inside information I knew. There are 2 former RSM's going threw what I endured, and are asking me how to survive. I tell them to go independent, there are no longer any good captive deals left at this time.

I was with them to check them out and they were just what I thought, a marketing organization which is heavily impacted by the local leadership. In my case I found the commission structure to benefit the ownership greatly, poor training (almost non-existent really) and unethical leadership was relevant, beware.:1arghh:

In our area they are the Bankers Life agents and management with a new name. Is this true in all areas?

I've never understood why agents stick around if they are giving up so much commission.

In our area they are the Bankers Life agents and management with a new name. Is this true in all areas?

I've never understood why agents stick around if they are giving up so much commission.

It's true in the FL area. A lot of the managers left BLC around 2007 and joined GASB. Just now, they have more products to offer.

I can't understand why some agents stay too. I was there for just over 1 year and saw the BS. I left and told 3 guys in my office what I get in commissions now and they all jumped board. One guy was my trainer, lol.

We talked to a few guys there that were making $5k-7k month and told them they could easily make more but they were stubborn and stayed. I will never understand it, but it's their loss

Back