GTL

honestagent

Guru
100+ Post Club
For those whom have sold or have heard other agents selling the Advantage Plus Plan (for the hospital indemnity and other bennies this product offers) what can you share?

I've heard mixed about Continental and am shopping this company. Any good, bad, and indifferent you can share I would greatly appreciate.

Also, how do the premium rates compare to Continental, if you know? Strict underwriting? I know Continental is strict with their underwriting and have heard GTL is a bit more flex. Do you agree?

Are commissions advanced or as earned?

Thank you in advance.

Could someone who has info on both do a comparison?

Maybe for a 70 Male with a $200 5 day inpatient benefit. That way we can see which one is worth offering.

Thanks!

the main difference that i have seen between the two are as follows

gtl has a max lifetime benefit of $2500

where as continental has no cap -- it regenerates its benefits every 60 days just like medicare

so if you have a client that in january has surgery on his arm -- 1000

by march he could go back in and have surgery on his leg at another 1000

and then may, july, sept.. doesnt stop

this is great for the advantage plans -- some people could make money on the product --
i think with humana ma -- its 180 a day for the first 5 days -- depending on what plan you are with -- or 500 for the total stay?
so with that -- the person would only be out of pocket for their doc visits etc, not any hospital stays - cause it keeps regenerating itself

it also pays the skilled nursing home benefit of 120 dollars on top of what your medsup or medadvantage plan is paying -- this goes to the customer not the facility -- so they would basically make an extra 120 a day paycheck --
this also covers a 60 dollar a day benefit that is not included in part f of the medsup for an RN -- that would be part g --

for a 70 year old it would be 30 dollars a month for continental

personally i am not selling gtl because of the cap -- i dont think its worth the money to my clients -- if they use it all the first year -- 2500 -- the cost when i called was anywhere from 30 to 50 a month depending on the age

maryjd123 said:
the main difference that i have seen between the two are as follows

gtl has a max lifetime benefit of $2500

where as continental has no cap -- it regenerates its benefits every 60 days just like medicare

so if you have a client that in january has surgery on his arm -- 1000

by march he could go back in and have surgery on his leg at another 1000

and then may, july, sept.. doesnt stop

this is great for the advantage plans -- some people could make money on the product --
i think with humana ma -- its 180 a day for the first 5 days -- depending on what plan you are with -- or 500 for the total stay?
so with that -- the person would only be out of pocket for their doc visits etc, not any hospital stays - cause it keeps regenerating itself

it also pays the skilled nursing home benefit of 120 dollars on top of what your medsup or medadvantage plan is paying -- this goes to the customer not the facility -- so they would basically make an extra 120 a day paycheck --
this also covers a 60 dollar a day benefit that is not included in part f of the medsup for an RN -- that would be part g --

for a 70 year old it would be 30 dollars a month for continental

personally i am not selling gtl because of the cap -- i dont think its worth the money to my clients -- if they use it all the first year -- 2500 -- the cost when i called was anywhere from 30 to 50 a month depending on the age

First, If you are trying to decide which one of these to offer--check to see which one is available where you live. Continental is not offered everywhere.

Second, GTL does not have a $2500 lifetime maximum. There is not a lifetime maximum with the Advantage Plus plan. There is, however, a $2500 maximum benefit with the ambulance rider.

i copied this from their website -- under seniors - advantage plus

Advantage Plus
Advantage Plus means protection. Today, more than ever quality health care has become an absolute necessity. Without coverage, an illness could result in a financial disaster. It's a fact that even the best health care insurance plans have out-of-pocket expenses. GTL's new plan was designed to supplement your current health insurance plan. It is designed to fill some of the co-pays, deductibles or coverage gaps you would be responsible for should you need care. Back

Benefits available for:
Daily hospital Confinement
Ambulance trips
Durable medical equipment
Skilled Nursing Care
Lump Sum Hospital Confinement
Accidental Death and Dismemberment

Issue ages: 64.5 - 85 years old
Freedom to choose a daily benefit amount between $100 and $600 per day/hospital visit
Choose a 10-day or 21-day benefit period
Lifetime benefit maximum of $2,500

i did just call gtl and you are right they did say it was on the ambulance rider
funny when i called before -- the guy was apparently looking what i was looking at on the web -- when i quoted from their website

apologizies to all

Back