Health Net and Guaranteed Issue

maniacagent

Guru
100+ Post Club
Health Net told me today they will be accepting both voluntary as well as involuntary enrollments for people leaving their previous employer group plan on a guarantee issue basis for both supplements AND Med Advantage plans.

Just as I am getting raked over the coals providing health information for my other pending customers over at Omaha....

Health Net got a memo here in California yesterday that they will be accepting both wo health questions.

I am wondering if Omaha will go back to that or if other carriers
will ----anybody know?

Health Net told me today they will be accepting both voluntary as well as involuntary enrollments for people leaving their previous employer group plan on a guarantee issue basis for both supplements AND Med Advantage plans.

Just as I am getting raked over the coals providing health information for my other pending customers over at Omaha....

Health Net got a memo here in California yesterday that they will be accepting both wo health questions.

I am wondering if Omaha will go back to that or if other carriers
will ----anybody know?
I'm in the same situation with Omaha. I have an individual covered through his spouse' retiree group plan. Major rate increase in Jan. they save a considerable amount by him terminating his coverage and buying a med supp and drug plan. MOO is saying he is only eligible for GI if he had an involuntary termination or reduction in benefits or part b premiums. He must also supply the letter of termination. Anthem on the other hand is taking employer terms regardless of why they termed. Then I found out MOO has a rate increase of 8%. Have you read the GI statement? It does not specify involuntary or voluntary termination. Nonetheless, MOO lost the business

CAB,
MOO is just going back to what CMS mandates, nothing extra like they used to.

Missouri has a state mandate of voluntary or involuntary gets GI.

CAB,
MOO is just going back to what CMS mandates, nothing extra like they used to.

Missouri has a state mandate of voluntary or involuntary gets GI.

i got the impression from Health Net that the mandate to accept either voluntary or involuntary was either from the State of California or possibly Federal. The girl I spoke with did not know, but from what she told me I just have a feeling it is more than just Health Net.

Well..I just called Family Life. For Guaranteed Issue they need it to be INVOLUNTARY.

Last edited:
Back