Hearing Aid Benefit

kstein

Guru
1000 Post Club
I had a Uhc rep tell me that people who have the AARP stand alone PDP have access to hearing aid coverage similar to the hmo-pos plan. Anyone hear this? Or have info on it? I've yet to see it on paper.

Thanks for that. I'm in Missouri and I didn't see the stand alone PDP from the drop down. Any thoughts?

Yes, I found some instructions somewhere in the spreadsheet. To find PDP, choose 'multiple' as the State, then you can access PDP in the dropdown. Hope that helps.

The pdp has had access to the hearing aid benefit for 3 years now. You can find this information on your portals.

MINNETONKA, Minn. (July 24, 2013) – High-tech, custom-programmed hearing aids are now available at affordable prices – starting at just $649 each – to people enrolled in UnitedHealthcare vision benefit plans, including employer-sponsored and individual policies.

Hearing aids can often cost thousands of dollars, but UnitedHealthcare's new discount program enables its vision plan participants to save hundreds of dollars on hearing aids by purchasing them for as low as $649 each*. The discount program already has been available to people enrolled in many UnitedHealthcare medical plans, including employer-sponsored, individual and Medicare Advantage plans, as well as Medicare Part D plans. Some UnitedHealthcare Medicare plan customers pay no out-of-pocket costs for the hearing aids

MINNETONKA, Minn. (July 24, 2013) – High-tech, custom-programmed hearing aids are now available at affordable prices – starting at just $649 each – to people enrolled in UnitedHealthcare vision benefit plans, including employer-sponsored and individual policies.

Hearing aids can often cost thousands of dollars, but UnitedHealthcare's new discount program enables its vision plan participants to save hundreds of dollars on hearing aids by purchasing them for as low as $649 each*. The discount program already has been available to people enrolled in many UnitedHealthcare medical plans, including employer-sponsored, individual and Medicare Advantage plans, as well as Medicare Part D plans. Some UnitedHealthcare Medicare plan customers pay no out-of-pocket costs for the hearing aids

These UHC hearing aids suck! All of my clients who have tried them have been greatly disappointed. They are done by mail order and there is no place to go in and have them adjusted. I am not recommending them any more.

These UHC hearing aids suck! All of my clients who have tried them have been greatly disappointed. They are done by mail order and there is no place to go in and have them adjusted. I am not recommending them any more.

I Have heard that from my wife's mom

she has the AARP plan but paid out of pocket for the hearing aids she wanted
complained about the places she needed to go and the hearing aids they offered were crap

IDK anything about hearing aids but I no longer hype that benefit either

Updating this thread, does anyone know if this benefit still exists for AARP Part D members?

Back