Help Writing Med Supps in Arkansas

Sunny2014

Advise please. Med supp on 75 year old male with heart issues. 73 year old wife in good health. Non smokers. I am Totally new to med supps. I am sure everyone has posted this similar question hundreds of times. Thanks for any help!!

Advise please. Med supp on 75 year old male with heart issues. 73 year old wife in good health. Non smokers. I am Totally new to med supps. I am sure everyone has posted this similar question hundreds of times. Thanks for any help!!

You have to tell us more than that. What heart issues and how long ago? What meds? Are they over weight. Any other health conditions? Price depends on their zip code.

What is your main line of business?

Thank you for responding! I did workplace benefits for a while. There is so much to learn in all types of insurance...whew!!! I have very little experience, but have lots of contacts after 40 years in another career. Licensed in life/health Arkansas and Texas.
After reading on this forum for months, I am scared to death...lol!!! Not really, just a bit unsure on what to focus on.
I kinda freaked out and thought I needed to be appointed with lots of carriers. I just need to zone in and specialize in something! Mostly interested in employee group benefits,as well as individual life,cancer,critical illness, etc.
I know a thimble full of that type of insurance.
Several people have asked about med supps...I know almost nothing about them.
I am a very positive, hard-working person! I have lots to learn!
Thank to anyone for suggestions!!

I just need to zone in and specialize in something!

Pretty much sums it up. Properly servicing your groups, picking up new groups, and servicing a Medicare book is a lot of plates to keep spinning, especially if you are learning half of it as you go along.

Read this front to back and over a couple of times:
https://www.medicare.gov/Pubs/pdf/02110.pdf

Talk with your clients to determine what they are looking for - same coverage but less cost? willing to decrease coverage to save more on premium? need more comprehensive coverage?

Find out what they have in place and what it costs and cross-check their medical conditions and meds against one of the carriers that may fit their needs (make sure you obtain a copy of the carrier's underwriting guide).

If it looks doable, quote it and get the application!

Back