Hint or Tips on Picking an Agency Name?

Doesn't matter if they know Medicare is insurance or not... You are not selling Medicare.. They know what you will be selling them is insurance. If you are afraid to be know as you are.. you might want to find another profession.

Say INSURANCE Salesman and many people think of this:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would absolutely not go with any name that has a city or state in it, in case you expand into phone sales in multiple states.

Whatever you choose do it quickly, get the test out of the way, and start selling ASAP. Which is what really matters.

Before paralysis by analysis takes over.

I think the medical industry strings random letters together to make medicine names. Cystro Agency.

Last edited:
Say INSURANCE Salesman and many people think of this:

You are in trouble. May I just have the fee you are spending on the classroom?

There is an FE agent who speaks of suits who can't sell, teaching others how to sell. Speaking in that mode, I have the following comments:

If you are that defensive now, you are setting yourself up to be steamrollered in the field.

I have not read the whole book, but I have read in a book suggested by DHK about an "Insurance Salesman" named Ben Feldman. His pride in providing insurance and THE ABILITY OF INSURANCE TO PROVIDE AND PROTECT THE WELLBEING OF AN INDIVIDUAL, HIS FAMILY AND HIS BUSINESS is evident in every page I read.

In order to sell a medicare supplement, you must first be willing to acknowledge you are, in fact, making a living selling insurance. Then you must be willing, in the face of some resistance, to explain the characteristics and benefits of that insurance to a prospective client.

If that is what you think when you hear insurance sales, then you need another profession. Others will only think that of you if that is the way you act. The few that automatically think that are not prospects anyway. Sooner or later they are going to find out what you do so why start out trying to deceive them by hiding it?

----------

You are in trouble. May I just have the fee you are spending on the classroom?

There is an FE agent who speaks of suits who can't sell, teaching others how to sell. Speaking in that mode, I have the following comments:

If you are that defensive now, you are setting yourself up to be steamrollered in the field.

I have not read the whole book, but I have read in a book suggested by DHK about an "Insurance Salesman" named Ben Feldman. His pride in providing insurance and THE ABILITY OF INSURANCE TO PROVIDE AND PROTECT THE WELLBEING OF AN INDIVIDUAL, HIS FAMILY AND HIS BUSINESS is evident in every page I read.

In order to sell a medicare supplement, you must first be willing to acknowledge you are, in fact, making a living selling insurance. Then you must be willing, in the face of some resistance, to explain the characteristics and benefits of that insurance to a prospective client.

And, Ben was a LIFE insurance SALESMAN of all things.

I'm scheduled to take life and health classroom (required in Illinois) end of July.

planning to start out with FMO selling Medicare supplements. maybe next FE, then MA. maybe in 5 years some P&C.

Any hints on picking a company name?

I'm mainly going to compete on price initially at least.

If you are going to start out with Medicare Supplements, IMO you will be making a Major, Major mistake if you use "low price" as the very first competition item to hit a potential client/customer in the face with. MA agencies will "undersell" you every day of the week because you are not educating the prospect about the distinction between supplementing Medicare and replacing it. Also, I suspect that some of the Med Supp agents coming behind you will steal business based on plan features.

Suggest rethinking your marketing approach a bit and putting some more steps in it.

I'm scheduled to take life and health classroom (required in Illinois) end of July.

planning to start out with FMO selling Medicare supplements. maybe next FE, then MA. maybe in 5 years some P&C.

Any hints on picking a company name?

I'm mainly going to compete on price initially at least.

something catchy and/or also describes what you do.....

Geezer Pleaser Health and Life Insurance

One, don't use your city. "Peoria Insurance" wil offend people in Mattoon and Springfield etc

Two dont use your name. It makes you look like a one man operation

Three DONT use Medicare or final expense etc---then you are limited as to what you sell in the future. If you decide to pivot then your name doesnt work

"Benefits For Seniors" or "Senior Assurance"????

Back