Home Health and Medicaid

usakr

Guru
100+ Post Club
If you have a person who is currently on Texas Star Plus system with Cigna Health Spring and is receiving homehealth care and put them on a UHC Dual Complete SNP will there be any interruption on their home health care?
If not, who will be in charge of their home health care? Does Cigna remain their provider through Medicaid?
Already asked my upline and UHC help desk and nobody knew.

Most often, but not always, home health is a Medicaid covered service, and not usually covered my Medicare. You have to find out who is currently paying the claims. If it is a Medicaid covered service, then there should not be a disruption since Medicaid would continue to be their secondary payer. If the primary, Medicare plan is paying, then the provider would need to be sure they were in the UHC network, or they would need to find a home health provider that was in network with UHC. You need to find out who is paying the current provider claims and go from there.

Most often, but not always, home health is a Medicaid covered service, and not usually covered my Medicare. You have to find out who is currently paying the claims. If it is a Medicaid covered service, then there should not be a disruption since Medicaid would continue to be their secondary payer. If the primary, Medicare plan is paying, then the provider would need to be sure they were in the UHC network, or they would need to find a home health provider that was in network with UHC. You need to find out who is paying the current provider claims and go from there.

Thanks for the reply. That's what I was thinking. I just didn't know how it works with Cigna being the company Medicaid is using? So I guess it's fair to say she will have UHC taking care of the Medicare portion and Medicaid through Cigna will take care of Medicaid costs?
So if she asks if she'll be losing Cigna I can say no? Thanks in advance.

Back