Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum

Reply to Hosting a Seminar Question     
Old 08-08-2017, 02:06 PM   #1
Expert

State: Higru is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Hosting a Seminar Question Hosting a Seminar Question
I have never hosted a seminar and I have people calling me wanting me to do an educational seminar. We currently are nearing 500 Medicare Supp customers and primarily this is all we sell for now. MA's are not to popular in our area because most providers do not participate. My question is, if I provide an educational seminar and primarily discuss Medigap plans, do I need to register with CMS? Part D's or MA's will not be discussed other than explaining what they are as part of the Medicare program. Thanks for the heads answers in advance.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Hosting a Seminar Question
Old 08-08-2017, 02:43 PM   #2
Guru
GreenSky on Hosting a Seminar Question

State: GreenSky is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
GreenSky is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Hosting a Seminar Question Re: Hosting a Seminar Question
If you don't discuss PDP or MA it's none of CMS's business. You can do a full blown sales seminar if you wish.

Rick
Old 08-08-2017, 03:40 PM   #3
Expert

Hosting a Seminar Question Re: Hosting a Seminar Question Higru is the thread starter for: Hosting a Seminar Question

Thank you, that is the way I was reading all the guidelines. We do not sale or promote the PDP's or the MA's.

Last edited by Higru; 08-08-2017 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:41 PM   #4
Guru
TampaHound on Hosting a Seminar Question

State: TampaHound is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Originally Posted by GreenSky View Post
If you don't discuss PDP or MA it's none of CMS's business. You can do a full blown sales seminar if you wish.

Rick
To expend on this a little bit. what happens if you are at a senior expo.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:44 PM   #5
Guru

Originally Posted by TampaHound View Post
To expend on this a little bit. what happens if you are at a senior expo.
He's doing a seminar but same with expo. CMS doesn't control marketing of supps, the DOI does.

Rick
Old 08-09-2017, 06:11 PM   #6
Expert

State: Devin01 is an Insurance Agent from New Jersey
He's doing a seminar but same with expo. CMS doesn't control marketing of supps, the DOI does.

Rick
I personnly have been doing these seminars for 10
Years. Feel free to PM me . You do not need to register with CMS. Talk broadly about how to enroll in medicare, if you need it,whats not covered under A and B, explain med supp standardized plans , review Pland F G and N. We explain the coverage levels under Part D , but never discuss individual companies. CREATE an evaluation form at the end for feedback and client capture.

----------

Rick
I personnly have been doing these seminars for 10
Years. Feel free to PM me . You do not need to register with CMS. Talk broadly about how to enroll in medicare, if you need it,whats not covered under A and B, explain med supp standardized plans , review Pland F G and N. We explain the coverage levels under Part D , but never discuss individual companies. CREATE an evaluation form at the end for feedback and client capture.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:06 AM   #7

State: roygbiv is an Insurance Agent from
Originally Posted by Higru View Post
I have never hosted a seminar and I have people calling me wanting me to do an educational seminar. We currently are nearing 500 Medicare Supp customers and primarily this is all we sell for now. MA's are not to popular in our area because most providers do not participate. My question is, if I provide an educational seminar and primarily discuss Medigap plans, do I need to register with CMS? Part D's or MA's will not be discussed other than explaining what they are as part of the Medicare program. Thanks for the heads answers in advance.
As long as you stick to Medicare Supplements and only discuss Part C and Part D in the broad general term (i.e. Exactly what is covered in the M&Y Handboon) and you do not discuss any specific Part C or Part D plan AND you don't have any sales kits, flyers, brochures or trinket giveaways from Part C or Part D companies, then you don't have to register. You can sell Med Supps there also. If your goal is to generate leads for Part D, use the Generic Medicare provided SOA and schedule a appointment outside of the meeting in a different setting. But you cannot discuss any particulars there or after in the same room.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:08 AM   #8
Expert

Hosting a Seminar Question Re: Hosting a Seminar Question Higru is the thread starter for: Hosting a Seminar Question

Great information. Our objective is to sell our service. Really excited about doing this. A lot of interest already from many individuals. We have a date set and spot reserved, expecting to fill the place which will hold 85 people. Thanks again for the brain work here.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:00 AM   #9
Guru

Originally Posted by Higru View Post
Great information. Our objective is to sell our service. Really excited about doing this. A lot of interest already from many individuals. We have a date set and spot reserved, expecting to fill the place which will hold 85 people. Thanks again for the brain work here.
No problem. Send each of us 10% of the commissions earned and we'll call it even.

Rick
Reply to Hosting a Seminar Question 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum