Hosting a Seminar Question

I have never hosted a seminar and I have people calling me wanting me to do an educational seminar. We currently are nearing 500 Medicare Supp customers and primarily this is all we sell for now. MA's are not to popular in our area because most providers do not participate. My question is, if I provide an educational seminar and primarily discuss Medigap plans, do I need to register with CMS? Part D's or MA's will not be discussed other than explaining what they are as part of the Medicare program. Thanks for the heads answers in advance.

Thank you, that is the way I was reading all the guidelines. We do not sale or promote the PDP's or the MA's.

Last edited:
He's doing a seminar but same with expo. CMS doesn't control marketing of supps, the DOI does.

Rick

I personnly have been doing these seminars for 10
Years. Feel free to PM me . You do not need to register with CMS. Talk broadly about how to enroll in medicare, if you need it,whats not covered under A and B, explain med supp standardized plans , review Pland F G and N. We explain the coverage levels under Part D , but never discuss individual companies. CREATE an evaluation form at the end for feedback and client capture.

----------

He's doing a seminar but same with expo. CMS doesn't control marketing of supps, the DOI does.

Rick

I personnly have been doing these seminars for 10
Years. Feel free to PM me . You do not need to register with CMS. Talk broadly about how to enroll in medicare, if you need it,whats not covered under A and B, explain med supp standardized plans , review Pland F G and N. We explain the coverage levels under Part D , but never discuss individual companies. CREATE an evaluation form at the end for feedback and client capture.

I have never hosted a seminar and I have people calling me wanting me to do an educational seminar. We currently are nearing 500 Medicare Supp customers and primarily this is all we sell for now. MA's are not to popular in our area because most providers do not participate. My question is, if I provide an educational seminar and primarily discuss Medigap plans, do I need to register with CMS? Part D's or MA's will not be discussed other than explaining what they are as part of the Medicare program. Thanks for the heads answers in advance.

As long as you stick to Medicare Supplements and only discuss Part C and Part D in the broad general term (i.e. Exactly what is covered in the M&Y Handboon) and you do not discuss any specific Part C or Part D plan AND you don't have any sales kits, flyers, brochures or trinket giveaways from Part C or Part D companies, then you don't have to register. You can sell Med Supps there also. If your goal is to generate leads for Part D, use the Generic Medicare provided SOA and schedule a appointment outside of the meeting in a different setting. But you cannot discuss any particulars there or after in the same room.

Great information. Our objective is to sell our service. Really excited about doing this. A lot of interest already from many individuals. We have a date set and spot reserved, expecting to fill the place which will hold 85 people. Thanks again for the brain work here.

Great information. Our objective is to sell our service. Really excited about doing this. A lot of interest already from many individuals. We have a date set and spot reserved, expecting to fill the place which will hold 85 people. Thanks again for the brain work here.

No problem. Send each of us 10% of the commissions earned and we'll call it even.

Rick

Latest posts

Back