How Could this Be Avoided?

I think you misread my post. Once you get late into AEP (mid November to late November), don't promise a 1/1. Seniors still think this is the only time they can change, so they get a little anxious. I am saying educate your prospects. Don't promise something that might blow up in your face.

If you are moving someone from MA to Med Supp early in AEP, go for a 1/1. If you are late into AEP (mid Nov to Dec 7th), start talking about MADP and 2/1, 3/1.

That was my point.

whoops yes I did misread your post and was also assuming that the OP had very recently submitted the med supp application for 1/1 because the decline notice would have been generated in plenty of time for mapd client to withdraw pdp application by 12/31/16 if med supp application and pdp were submitted by 12/7/16

Another way to avoid this is to use instant issue carriers.

There are several on the market that will perform the underwriting while you are with the client over the phone so you can have a policy number prior to ending the call. That way you know they are covered. Manhattan and Equitable are two that do.

Another way to avoid this is to use instant issue carriers.

There are several on the market that will perform the underwriting while you are with the client over the phone so you can have a policy number prior to ending the call. That way you know they are covered. Manhattan and Equitable are two that do.

Since when did Manhattan start that? I wish more Med Supp companies gave approval at the end. Very few even do a POS PHI anymore.

Since when did Manhattan start that? I wish more Med Supp companies gave approval at the end. Very few even do a POS PHI anymore.

Someone should Tell Manhattan this, I have one in underwriting still and did PHI last thurs Morning

I wrote an MLIC app a few months ago. On submit there was something about contacting underwriting with the client on the phone to expedite the underwriting. I didn't use it because my client was not available. However I did send an email telling him to call 800 xxx xxxx to complete the interview. His was approved in a couple of days and this was during AEP

First app I have done with them in a year or so. Might do more when I need a low rate since I have sworn off GTL

I'm in this situation. What can I do now? Cms says she needs an election period, and won't create one. Her original mapd insurer told me to call cms and to ask them to retract her pdp and reinstate her mapd, but so far they won't do it. I can't call this client and tell her that she will be without an advantage plan or a supplement until next year! Can anybody think of anything I can do? Thanks in advance!

I'm in this situation. What can I do now? Cms says she needs an election period, and won't create one. Her original mapd insurer told me to call cms and to ask them to retract her pdp and reinstate her mapd, but so far they won't do it. I can't call this client and tell her that she will be without an advantage plan or a supplement until next year! Can anybody think of anything I can do? Thanks in advance!

What was the person declined for ? maybe another Medsupp carrier would fit

Back