How Could this Be Avoided?

What was the person declined for ? maybe another Medsupp carrier would fit

How would I find out what she was declined for? Im sure they wont tell me, and I'm hoping to get back to the client with a solution, rather than having to find that out. The insurance company will probably ask her to put her request in writing, and mail her the answer in 6 weeks. And, now the mib will show that she's been declined, making it more unlikely that she will get approved elswhere. This is crazy! And the supervisor at cms told me she's never seen this situation. Seems to me like it would happen all the time, every year. Help!

How would I find out what she was declined for? Im sure they wont tell me, and I'm hoping to get back to the client with a solution, rather than having to find that out. The insurance company will probably ask her to put her request in writing, and mail her the answer in 6 weeks. And, now the mib will show that she's been declined, making it more unlikely that she will get approved elswhere. This is crazy! And the supervisor at cms told me she's never seen this situation. Seems to me like it would happen all the time, every year. Help!

Some companies will tell you some wont. What Company is it?

Also I am guessing you went over medical questions, Did anything come up was anything borderline or questionable?

Also you can look up meds to see what they are commonly used for, Google is our friend.

Once you have all that you can know you can call client and ask did anything come up we didn't discuss or did underwriter take notice or ask additional question on a specific matter.

Also are there any test result or cataract surgery you are waiting on

As Vic said, it will depend on the company. Sometimes it will also depend on how you ask the question. Most companies will never get specific with you, but if you ask for generalities like if they are turned down due to meds, a specific question, etc, then you take that info and between you and the client you can pretty much figure it out.

Dude, you broke it. Fix it.

Yes, you didn't decline her, but you could have done things differently so she wouldn't have been kicked out of the MAPD until you knew she was approved for the Med Supp.

It is time to man up, cowboy up, pick your phrase. Call the client, apologize, find out what is going on health wise that she didn't tell you about. Then offer a solution. I promise you, you are much more likely to have another opportunity if you are the one to tell her versus some letter in the mail.

What about UHC/AARP Med/Supp. Pretty hard to get turned down there. Not a loss leader always in pricing, but it's coverage. Meanwhile, shop for other options.

What about UHC/AARP Med/Supp. Pretty hard to get turned down there. Not a loss leader always in pricing, but it's coverage. Meanwhile, shop for other options.

They Can be pricy , UHC may or may not be necessary, I have found that many times one can be declined with one company but can still get approved with another completive company, Knowing where to place them is where the money is made.

UHC is a last resort, If I need to keep the cost down there is always plan N with them, But I wouldn't do it unless I could do nothing else

They Can be pricy , UHC may or may not be necessary, I have found that many times one can be declined with one company but can still get approved with another completive company, Knowing where to place them is where the money is made.

UHC is a last resort, If I need to keep the cost down there is always plan N with them, But I wouldn't do it unless I could do nothing else

They are not as terrible as I thought. I replaced an AARP/UHC plan N yesterday. She was paying $116/mo. 69 year old non smoker. I put her plan G for $106/mo.

I was surprised they weren't more out of line than that.

They are not as terrible as I thought. I replaced an AARP/UHC plan N yesterday. She was paying $116/mo. 69 year old non smoker. I put her plan G for $106/mo.

I was surprised they weren't more out of line than that.

Still its lesser cov for more money, Most cases I use them when no one else will take it meaning level 2 premium, But sometimes they are within first 3 years of part B then its a good deal.

I write most of my UHC AARP supps in NY & FL

Still its lesser cov for more money, Most cases I use them when no one else will take it meaning level 2 premium, But sometimes they are within first 3 years of part B then its a good deal.

I write most of my UHC AARP supps in NY & FL

Yeah, but in this case it wouldn't be as bad as I thought if the OP has to put this person with UHC.

So I guess the question is...if this was your case (open question to all), what would you do? Yes, I know the answer for some would be:
"I would never have gotten into this situation."
But, that reply does not help the OP.

My suggestion:
Call the carrier who declined the app and find out why it was declined.
Call the client and tell them why they declined the application and check if there are any other health conditions they have which they may have neglected to mention.
Go through your field underwriting guides/apps for other carriers and see who would take the client
If no one, price AARP. Throw them in a Plan N. Mind you AARP's top 3 plans are F, N and K. Yes. K. Mainly because they do not have G yet, and people pick up K for a low premium and then do an internal change to a different plan if they have procedures.

Hope this helps.

Back