How Did Mega Help Here?

Winter_123

Guru
5000 Post Club
Did a little fact finding with a client today before settng an appointment to write a med supp app.

Client is 67. Has had Parts A and B since turning 65.

In addition to the above medicare enrollments, he also is paying over 700 a month for a Mega plan of some sort. He got the Mega plan after being enrolled in Medicare. I think it is full individual plan. He says that Mega doesnt have med supps so this is what they sold him when he inquired.

He would qualify for a Plan F or G with a few carriers for about 145-160 a month.

When I think of this, I think about walking out the door and bonking my head against a tree for a few dozens times. Could one of you guys with more medicare experience say something to me to help me rationalize this or should I just head out the door to the tree and get it over with?

Last edited:
Did a little fact finding with a client today before settng an appointment to write a med supp app.

Client is 67. Has had Parts A and B since turning 65.

In addition to the above medicare enrollments, he also is paying over 700 a month for a Mega plan of some sort. He got the Mega plan after being enrolled in Medicare. I think it is full individual plan. He says that Mega doesnt have med supps so this is what they sold him when he inquired.

He would qualify for a Plan F or G with a few carriers for about 145-160 a month.

When I think of this, I think about walking out the door and bonking my head against a tree for a few dozens times. Could one of you guys with more medicare experience say something to me to help me rationalize this or should I just head out the door to the tree and get it over with?

Don't just accept this as just another mess.... instead, get the name of the agent that sold him this product and exactly what the product is. If it is not a Medicare Supplement, he could be reported, fined, and hopefully lose his license ... if it is a Med Sup, find out if he tinkered with the rate. Don't let these kind of criminals get away with their acts, it hurts us all. No one is going to hold these guys accountable until we start cleaning up this crap.

Don't just accept this as just another mess.... instead, get the name of the agent that sold him this product and exactly what the product is. If it is not a Medicare Supplement, he could be reported, fined, and hopefully lose his license ... if it is a Med Sup, find out if he tinkered with the rate. Don't let these kind of criminals get away with their acts, it hurts us all. No one is going to hold these guys accountable until we start cleaning up this crap.

It is not a med supp. He just sold him a full policy as a supp.

Also, just as a side question. How does one tinker with the rate. The carriers have rates that are approved by the state and you write the check out to the carrier which presumably matches it up with the plan the client selected at the rate the state approved. I dont know. I am asking. How would one tinker. Oh, maybe I should mention that I am in a community rated state where one rate fits all. I suppose in another state the agent could fudge the age, health status, smoking etc of the client.

That sounds a bit expensive for a male age 67 for a med supp plan. What state are you in?

158/month is not that bad. You have to note that I said that I was in a community rated state so you have to look at it as also being an excellent rate for a 95 year old as well.

158/month is not that bad. You have to note that I said that I was in a community rated state so you have to look at it as also being an excellent rate for a 95 year old as well.

I was just asking what state you were in, but I guess it's a secret, huh?

Any agent that would sell a senior a major medical and not a med supp needs to be kicked out of our industry! This agent is either ignorant or a criminal!

I realize you are new here so I'll go easy. You may want to look at the date of the thread prior to responding. The last post on this one prior to your post was over three years ago.

Back