How Do You Get them to Answer the Phone?

FrankMills

I subscribe to an Internet Lead provider that supplies me with Medicare exclusive leads (if exclusive leads really exist). The leads are truly good when I can get a response. I have been using the service since opening my doors in March and my contact rate is 1:4. Of the leads I have made contact with I've sold every one except 1.. they were all face to face meeting. Most sales have been med supps, only 2 advantage plans.

My problem is the 75% that do not respond. Here are some facts...

[1]My CRM send them a auto respond, it reports the majority open and read the email

[2]Usually I call within an hour or two of them submitting their request.

[3]The form they click tells them I am going to call (my picture & name appears)

[4]the clients that answer say they are expecting my call.

[5]prospects that do not reply are called for 2-3 days, day 1 3 tries, day 2, 2 calls, day 3, 3 tries...

[6]After 3 days emails go out, 5+ days snail mail followed by random calls at different times of day (7PM latest)

Rare do I get any results from the follow up action. I do not have a toll free line, I am in NC.. would it help? Am I being too optimistic to think I could get a better response rate? Should I prepare a crafty script like I use with FE to get a response from my initial voice mail? If so, what would you use?

I hate to give the leads up, but I do wonder if there is a better way. The math for buying the leads works for the long term, but my service is earning my 1st year commission as it stands now (ouch).

Thanks for your help.

Frank

Back