How Do You Present Med Supp Value Over MA and $0 Premium?

I simply present the pros and cons of both options, and let them decide. I would rather they know I handle it all, then allow some other guy to take clients away.

Husband and wife have been supp clients of mine for 2- 3 years and now they have decided to go with their neighbors UHC Medicare agent and a $0 premium.

He says I've never even talked with him about Medicare Advantage. I always go over both options but I think at this point he feels I've been ripping him off the past couple of years being on supplements.

I presented some of the differences between the two options again as well as the value of supps over MA. His words:

"I don't give a shiz."

Talk to a bankers agent. they're pretty good at bashing MAPD

Med supps have a ton of value over MA. It's obvious what the perks of a supp are, freedom to dictate your healthcare, 100% coverage or very close to it.

I think the biggest kicker between the two is that MA is great while you're healthy but when people develop medical conditions and they're spending large sums of money on out of pocket costs, and/or fighting with their company for approvals of treatments or having to get referrals ect. At that point there's a really good chance they can never go back to Medicare supplement because they can't qualify.

A lot less people would pick MA over a supp if they knew once things get serious, they can't change back to a supplement without passing underwriting. It's really alarming how many people don't know this. Most don't find this out until after it's too late.

In my opinion there are a few states where MA actually makes sense. GA is not one of them.

Exactly my point. I spoke with a guy yesterday who said he has Care Improvement here in GA and he had to wait in a hospital in pain for 6 days trying to get a hip replacement before CIP made a decision.

Exactly my point. I spoke with a guy yesterday who said he has Care Improvement here in GA and he had to wait in a hospital in pain for 6 days trying to get a hip replacement before CIP made a decision.

Are we sure it's CIP that caused the delay, or the medical group?

I don't work with CIP but in California it's generally the medical group that calls the shots as relates to care, not the insurance company.

Rick

Husband and wife have been supp clients of mine for 2- 3 years and now they have decided to go with their neighbors UHC Medicare agent and a $0 premium. He says I've never even talked with him about Medicare Advantage. I always go over both options but I think at this point he feels I've been ripping him off the past couple of years being on supplements. I presented some of the differences between the two options again as well as the value of supps over MA. His words: "I don't give a shiz."

I may be late to the game on this thread but the obvious answer is...you need to offer the zero premium plans too.

If you educate every applicant to all their choices they will know when approached later that you already offered them the zero plans and there was a reason they didn't go with it. Or if they are really premium focused, you already sold it to them.

That's about all you van do to prevent it. It will still happen occasionally.

Back