How Do You Present Med Supp Value Over MA and $0 Premium?

I may be late to the game on this thread but the obvious answer is...you need to offer the zero premium plans too.

If you educate every applicant to all their choices they will know when approached later that you already offered them the zero plans and there was a reason they didn't go with it. Or if they are really premium focused, you already sold it to them.

That's about all you van do to prevent it. It will still happen occasionally.

Newby, I do have $0 premium plans, I guess I'm more upset that he didn't reach out to me first. I do everything that I can to stay top of the mind with all my clients- contacting them every year, sending them cards etc. And then to act like I've been trying to rip him off all these years just pissed me off.

Newby, I do have $0 premium plans, I guess I'm more upset that he didn't reach out to me first. I do everything that I can to stay top of the mind with all my clients- contacting them every year, sending them cards etc. And then to act like I've been trying to rip him off all these years just pissed me off.

We all get some of that. I just had a couple I picked up 4-years ago. Sold them FE and Anthem MAPDs. They were mad at their Humana agent and didn't understand why husband had HMO and wife had PPO. They were with me 4-years and seemed very tied in. I just found out they signed back up with Humana with their old agent. Guy couldn't really explain why, he just did. I have Humana too.

No biggie. Re-writes are a big part of this biz. There is always next year again.

I wonder if the Humana guy kept his PTC forms and renewed them every 90 days for the last 4 years , or had a brc that showed interest within the last 18 months in order for him to contact this person, and then got a SOA signed in advance of the meeting per CMS guidelines.
My understanding of MA marketing is that you can't go back to old clients that dropped but I know it happens all the time.

That is what really upsets me in thus market, when you lose someone and you know they were contacted incorrectly.

Are you kidding? I had a couple of Humana agents door knock a lady yesterday and sign her up for her "free" Medcare new benefits. She has no idea what she signed. The only card they left was for a Bankers agent with an expired license.

Are you kidding? I had a couple of Humana agents door knock a lady yesterday and sign her up for her "free" Medcare new benefits. She has no idea what she signed. The only card they left was for a Bankers agent with an expired license.

Isn't that against the rules lol?

Everyone and every situation is different. If you want the choice to go to any Doctor or any hospital as long as they accept medicare you may prefer a sup to an mapd. Also in most cases in the zero premium mapd they have higher copays than they would pay with just medicare alone. Some mapd's charge say $250 a day from day 1-7. If you have 7 day stay it will cost you $1750 and with medicare an no sup max is $1260. Some little off set benfits of med sup to mapd

Everyone and every situation is different. If you want the choice to go to any Doctor or any hospital as long as they accept medicare you may prefer a sup to an mapd. Also in most cases in the zero premium mapd they have higher copays than they would pay with just medicare alone. Some mapd's charge say $250 a day from day 1-7. If you have 7 day stay it will cost you $1750 and with medicare an no sup max is $1260. Some little off set benfits of med sup to mapd

I know that in Florida and I am pretty sure in most of the other 56 states Medicare part B is billed separately and in addition to the part A deductible so the 20% part B charges for 7 days probably over 2,000.0 plus 1216.00 part A deductible is more like $ 3,200.00 for seniors who go commando with A and B only vs the average max. per hospital stay on Fl MA plan of $ 1600.00

Only hi deductible makes smart risk management sense to me.However I need to make a living too so am thankful that there is a segment of the senior population that for some unexplainable reason abhor the thought of paying a copayment to a doctor but don't mind in least paying a large monthly premium to an insurance company and also i am thankful that the industry has done such a good job at convincing seniors that spending an additional 1000.00 in annual premium compared to Hi F to have first dollar coverage to protect themselves against a potential 2000.00 loss is a smart way to budget money.

I know that in Florida and I am pretty sure in most of the other 56 states Medicare part B is billed separately and in addition to the part A deductible so the 20% part B charges for 7 days probably over 2,000.0 plus 1216.00 part A deductible is more like $ 3,200.00 for seniors who go commando with A and B only vs the average max. per hospital stay on Fl MA plan of $ 1600.00

Only hi deductible makes smart risk management sense to me.However I need to make a living too so am thankful that there is a segment of the senior population that for some unexplainable reason abhor the thought of paying a copayment to a doctor but don't mind in least paying a large monthly premium to an insurance company and also i am thankful that the industry has done such a good job at convincing seniors that spending an additional 1000.00 in annual premium compared to Hi F to have first dollar coverage to protect themselves against a potential 2000.00 loss is a smart way to budget money.

There are actually 57 other states...58 total.:yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back