How Does Moving Affect Your Business?

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
My wife and I are considering moving next year. Where we are considering moving to is about 1hr 20min drive from where I currently live, and the vast majority of my clients are.

I do all of my business F2F, and do not have an office (I work out of my home). So I am wondering how the move may or may not affect my business. Can I expect clients to leave me because I live to far away? Or is it reasonable to think most of them will stay with me?

Any experiences with this?

My wife and I are considering moving next year. Where we are considering moving to is about 1hr 20min drive from where I currently live, and the vast majority of my clients are.

I do all of my business F2F, and do not have an office (I work out of my home). So I am wondering how the move may or may not affect my business. Can I expect clients to leave me because I live to far away? Or is it reasonable to think most of them will stay with me?

None of them will most likely even know, nor care. If you're like me (and it sounds like you are), you meet your clients in their home, since you have no office....so rather you are 15min or 2hrs away, as long as you come see them when they need you, its a moot point.

You're not moving very far, there is no reason for them to leave you. If you're moving to a place that you like better, and already have clients there, it's a winning situation.

I'm about to move 800 miles to the East coast, in a couple months…if you revive this thread next year, I'll let you know how many (percentage wise) clients leave me.

I'm about to move 800 miles to the East coast, in a couple months…if you revive this thread next year, I'll let you know how many (percentage wise) clients leave me.

Yeah but u cant really get accurate #s based off your 10 clients! :swoon::D:goofy:

Might be a great time to transition to doing business over the phone and through the mail. I have hundreds of clients whom I've never met and they are super loyal (some going on being a Med Supp/MAPD client for 10 years now). I can say with almost 100% certainty that a move anywhere within the state wouldn't impact my business one bit. And I feel that even moving to another state wouldn't have much impact at all.

The biggest thing is to make sure your existing clients know they can still count on you to take care of them. Even if that means doing everything over the phone and through the mail. You'd really be amazed at how many people are willing to work that way. It saves them time as well.

Just schedule a day or two every couple weeks to service clients in your current area and make the drive. I work an area 2 hours out each way.

Just schedule a day or two every couple weeks to service clients in your current area and make the drive. I work an area 2 hours out each way.

Wow that is a lot of service work

----------

I sell over the phone both Med Supp and MA, I have clients in 12 states, last year I moved from NY to TN,

Clients mostly don't care where you live. They Care if you are there for them.

I send out Bday cards SOC and such. I Always make sure I Take service calls in timely fashion, This leaves them no reason to leave you

Haha service work every 2 weeks?? That's nuts. The only service work I have to do outside of AEP is the occasional phone call.

Axeman- I lived in orlando until just this past December when I moved to Jax. So I'm in the same boat.

A couple of issues. 1) referrals. I don't let them know I've moved so I have to schedule a time to make the 2 hour drive. 2) AEP. I haven't had to do it yet but I'm going to have to rent a hotel a couple weeks at the end of the year to try and see my Polk county clients. 3) when a current client calls you about their MAPD plan and want you to come out and ask you a few questions. I just tell them that we can most likely do this over the phone, what's the issue. If they push more I'll just let them know I've moved and we can try to schedule a time next time I'm out that way. But it hasn't got to that point yet.

----------

Where ya moving to?

Back