How Does a New Ind. Agent Build AEP Business?

MatthewC

Expert
How do agents generate a pool of clients or prospects for AEP when the CMS rules make it nearly impossible to do outbound marketing?

I am relatively new to the med-sup world and to-date have just done Medigap plans to the 67-75 age group.

Because I live in Florida and know that 25% of the population here is expected to turn 65 over the next 10 years I decided to start working on the T65 as well, and began learning the CMS rules for working with Medicare Advantage.
I am at a loss for words in describing the CMS rules limiting market except to sat WTF?!

It seems obvious the objective of these rules is more toward creating an enhanced Do Not Call list than making certain a senior gets the information needed to make an educated decision about their healthcare. Still, they are the rules we have to work with and compliance is important.

So what are independent agents doing that results in a swamp of incoming calls come AEP?

Thanks in advance

Your right about the crap with CMS. Its tough as an independent. I did it one year but since I was independent, all the "support" that was promised disappeared from the carrier. Tons of leads but those went to the "company" or large agents. Good luck, wish I could offer a suggestion, perhaps others will and we all can learn! BTW, I got the heck out of Florida...Texas clients are nicer to talk to!

Advertise your services in the local papers and magazines, I am in Venice and I sold 240 last year during aep, I have an office, hold seminars etc.

Post 4.27 credit history becomes paramount. You see, the entire reason the financial assessment rules will exist is people have not been paying what is due, like home owners insurance and real estate taxes.

So, credit history and now income will be looked at very closely. Documentation of all of this will also be important as a reverse mortgage will resemble, in many ways a conventional or FHA forward mortgage.

WTF are you talking about? Go peddle your reverse mortgages elsewhere.

Post 4.27 credit history becomes paramount. You see, the entire reason the financial assessment rules will exist is people have not been paying what is due, like home owners insurance and real estate taxes.

So, credit history and now income will be looked at very closely. Documentation of all of this will also be important as a reverse mortgage will resemble, in many ways a conventional or FHA forward mortgage.
Good luck in your hunt for the right reverse mortgage Florida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--BslU44vWU :twitchy:

Back