How to Learn the Medicare Supplement Business?

paul32

Hello Everyone,

My name is Paul. I have been reading some of the posts in the medicare supplement threads, and it is evident to me that there are some people in this forum that are very knowledgeable and successful in the medicare supplement business. So, I am here to ask for some open and frank advice from you, because you have already LEARNED how to succeed in this business.

I do not have a bacground in selling insurance, but I am very interested in LEARNING the Medicare Supplement business. I see a tremendous oppurtunity to build a profitable business, especially with so many Baby Boomers starting to qualify for the MS. However, I feel that before jumping into something, I need to get a solid EDUCATION first. Also, I must be able to UNDERSTAND the product that I will be selling.

I am the type of person that learns best by being taught by somone else. Whether it is face to face, or learning from an audio/video presentation. I do not retain nearly as much if I just read the information.

So finally, here is my question. WHAT and WHERE do you think is the best way for me to LEARN to start and succeed in the Medicare supplement business. (from the ground up)

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank You Very Much.

Paul

Hello Everyone,

My name is Paul. I have been reading some of the posts in the medicare supplement threads, and it is evident to me that there are some people in this forum that are very knowledgeable and successful in the medicare supplement business. So, I am here to ask for some open and frank advice from you, because you have already LEARNED how to succeed in this business.

I do not have a bacground in selling insurance, but I am very interested in LEARNING the Medicare Supplement business. I see a tremendous oppurtunity to build a profitable business, especially with so many Baby Boomers starting to qualify for the MS. However, I feel that before jumping into something, I need to get a solid EDUCATION first. Also, I must be able to UNDERSTAND the product that I will be selling.

I am the type of person that learns best by being taught by somone else. Whether it is face to face, or learning from an audio/video presentation. I do not retain nearly as much if I just read the information.

So finally, here is my question. WHAT and WHERE do you think is the best way for me to LEARN to start and succeed in the Medicare supplement business. (from the ground up)

Thank You Very Much.

Paul

In a word, training will dramatically shorten the learning curve.

That in of itself probably is something you already know. Learning product information is very simple and easy. All plans are standardized and are basically the same from company to company and state to state.

If you would like to give me a call, 573-544-4091, it would be a lot easier for me to help you better understand Medicare and Med Supps and what to look for. I think a little more information may be helpful in getting you pointed in the right direction.

Hello Everyone,

Thank You Very Much.

Paul

I think you got your "FRANK" advice. :D

My advice to you is:

Step 1: Research all ways to sell (over phone, internet leads, cold calling lists, face to face, etc)

Step 2: Decide which direction you'd prefer to go.

Step 3: Find training that suits your direction. Many "trainers" will say they teach you how to sell and either stuff product webinars down your throat (which don't teach you sales skills) or they teach you just their niche (which does not work for everyone).

Hello Everyone,

Thank You Very Much.

Paul

Back