How Are New CMS Marketing Rules Effecting Your Sales?

Fess up...anyone having issues with seniors completing the scope of appointment form or conducting the voice recording before entering a senior home for a MAPD or PDP discussion?:1eek:

Fess up...anyone having issues with seniors completing the scope of appointment form or conducting the voice recording before entering a senior home for a MAPD or PDP discussion?:1eek:

I haven't had the first problem with the SOA. I've had a few questions about it, but, once I explain the stupid rule, they agree with me that it's just more gubment intrusion and laugh it off.

I haven't had a problem with the recording because I don't record my phone calls and won't record my phone calls.

I have had a few get a little upset when they gave me a referral and I told them I couldn't call the referral. Again, once I expalianed the reason, they had the referral call me.

I'm honest with my clients about these new regulations. I tell them how cumbersome it is and how wrong and intrusive I think it all is. I have enough trust factor with my clients that they know I wouldn't be doing it this way if I didn't have to.

The standard response is, "this is just silly", or, "are they trying to put you out of business?"

I'm the same sort of responses but also the form not being completed correctly. I did share with my states' senator that they are trying to send me to the poor house with such intrusive regulation. They actually are forcing some seniors out of the house to mail the form back. How inconvenient is that!

It actually has had no impact at all. People I work with are very understanding, and hold CMS in the same regard as I.

In fact, when they send me a referral, the SAC form is already completed when I get the call/e-mail from the referred.

It actually has had no impact at all. People I work with are very understanding, and hold CMS in the same regard as I.

In fact, when they send me a referral, the SAC form is already completed when I get the call/e-mail from the referred.

Most of our efforts this year are through the WalMart booths. We have 2 rookie agents that have had problems getting the form signed, the others have had no problems I am aware of. I believe they have been trying to get it signed before they will even answer a general question.

I have tried to impress on the agents to answer general questions when asked, but if you have to give a presentation simply tell the client the government requires this form to give you permission to tell them about the plan.

When I have been in the stores, I have had no fuss by the clients by using this way of getting it signed. I really do not think it has had much of a negative impact on our sales. The old pros have gone on; business as usual with just one more form to slow down the process.

I have sold more in AEP than I sold last year. I haven't kept an exact count, but plan to go over everything with a fine tooth comb next week and make sure some of the apps did not slip through the cracks.

The rules have made it more of a hassle and couple with the cut in 1st year commissions for all but new to medicare advantage plans, it has been ...more of a hassle. Has it affected my sales? NO. Have I had issues with completing the SOA? Not that has affected sales. Just all in all...more of a hassle, another form and process to complete. I am just sooo glad that tomorrow is my last scheduled day of appts.

I am a bigger fan of Med Sups than ever before because of this AEP.

Back