Huge UHC Chargeback Concern

eagles12

Expert
I just checked my UHC producer portal to see what my renewal commish is for this February. To my astonishment , I have been debited for a chargeback of $1190 on one individual I wrote an MAPD for in 2012. How can this happen?

I've stayed in contact via mail with this individual through the years. A couple years ago he called me with a service question. In a follow up call during the recent AEP he told me he liked the plan and he was sill satisfied with the service and appreciated my returning his call. I figured he was still a client. Why would they charge me back if he's still a client? It's Sunday & they're closed so I can't call 'em.

That charge pretty much wiped out my UHC check for this month.
Has anyone else had this type of experience with UHC? Could this be an error on their part? Thank you.

I just checked my UHC producer portal to see what my renewal commish is for this February. To my astonishment , I have been debited for a chargeback of $1190 on one individual I wrote an MAPD for in 2012. How can this happen?

I've stayed in contact via mail with this individual through the years. A couple years ago he called me with a service question. In a follow up call during the recent AEP he told me he liked the plan and he was sill satisfied with the service and appreciated my returning his call. I figured he was still a client. Why would they charge me back if he's still a client? It's Sunday & they're closed so I can't call 'em.

Has anyone else had this type of experience with UHC? Could this be an error on their part? Thank you.

Yes they can go back and reverse your commission as far back as it goes but they also will surprise you and pay commissions from something you were owed a long ago time .I would definitely still call phd to check on this as do make mistakes or you could see if there is a term date in your agent portal.Also you could check medicare.gov to see what plan they are currently enrolled in.

As previously said you can check Medicare.gov, Take notes of when you spoke with him and contact UHC I don't know if they are open tomorrow, but As soon as you can, It sounds like some type of mistake, I would think if there was a compliance issue they would have contacted you before there was a chargeback

Anything beyond that is pure speculation, It would be good if you comeback and tell us what had happened so we all know if this happens to anyone else

Do Uhc renewals always post on the 3rd Saturday of each month? I have yet to see anything in my portal this month

A couple years ago they had a HUGE glitch and overpaid me about 3 grand, mostly other agents' clients. I stashed it in a separate account, figuring they would catch it eventually and take it all back at once. They did.
I just checked my renewals and they're spot on. Overall, I've been very pleased with the renewals, especially persistency. Some clients have stayed on even after I've read their obituaries.

A couple years ago they had a HUGE glitch and overpaid me about 3 grand, mostly other agents' clients. I stashed it in a separate account, figuring they would catch it eventually and take it all back at once. They did.
I just checked my renewals and they're spot on. Overall, I've been very pleased with the renewals, especially persistency. Some clients have stayed on even after I've read their obituaries.

I've always been paid exactly what I've been owed by UHC and in a timely fashion-the good thing about their RPPO in Florida is that it basically stays the same year after year so there is a high level of client satisfaction and great stability. It's rare that I lose someone from my book and don't have to do rewrites during AEP, something that is fairly common with both Humana PPO and Aetna clients.

UHC was a little late in this week's commission run (MAPD renewals) but mine are posted now.

I have a friend who wasn't tracking/accounting her sales with UHC. She said that it numbered to at least 75 MA applications that she put on the books, but lost track of. Because UHC allows only 6 months for the agent to dispute the error, she LOST all of those commissions 75 ($200) and the renewals of that business. It's funny how UHC gets more than 6 months to discover THEIR errors (overpayments), but a solid producer like her received only the 6 months.

Anybody who puts up 75 sales and doesn't miss the commi$$ for over 6 months might be interested in purchasing a nice bridge I have for sale across the Cooper River. It takes almost no time to build a little spreadsheet to track payments and ends up being a net timesaver.

I have a friend who wasn't tracking/accounting her sales with UHC. She said that it numbered to at least 75 MA applications that she put on the books, but lost track of. Because UHC allows only 6 months for the agent to dispute the error, she LOST all of those commissions 75 ($200) and the renewals of that business. It's funny how UHC gets more than 6 months to discover THEIR errors (overpayments), but a solid producer like her received only the 6 months.

About 5 years ago I had about 7 MA commissions that I wasn't paid on by UHC and was told that it was to late to appeal because it was over 6 month - well they did end up paying a couple of years later .I have a lot of renewals with UHC going back 10 years and I have come to realize yes they make mistakes but they also do periodic auditing of commission payouts to maintain accurate accounting for balance sheet and will payout what they really owe you even at a much later date .Still a good idea to audit your own statements though!

Back