Humana Agent Services

rgrace1075

I'm enquiring to see what kind of experiences agents who write humana products are having with the agent services there...I personally have seen a steep decline in their ability to answer questions, resolve issues, and provide the level of service expected...if those of you who have experienced the same please share what you were able to do if anything to get situations resolved...

...I personally have seen a steep decline in their ability to answer questions, resolve issues, and provide the level of service expected...

Honestly, lately I've had nothing but the best level of care from Humana. I would much prefer doing business with Humana based upon my positive experiences.

I thought you were describing United Healthcare's Producer Helpless Answering Service. Lately their call center has been out of the Philippines.

UHC rarely gives answers and when it thinks it has resolved an issue, several weeks later, they never let you ask another question back stating: "Please do not respond directly to this email." And don't ever call them to change a clients address or request something on you clients behalf. They treat you like you're not a part of the team. Like they could care less about your service you're providing for your client. No, I'll take Humana any day of the week over UHC.

Ive had poor experiences with both humana and Uhc. My Uhc experience follows medsuppro to a T.

I feel like they are against us, instead of on the same team. I've often wondered if it is beneficial to have clients put me on as an authorized person and if that would solve anything.

Another frustration with Uhc and humana, it takes no less than 10 minutes to actually get a human...

I have a client in Arizona whose brother in Michigan is eligible for Medicare due to disability (and is LIS eligible). He has a PDP only, and wanted my advice on an MA plan for his brother. I'm not licensed there, but offered to check out the available plans on the Medicare plan finder site. I told him that Humana looked good, and gave him the contact information to call or enroll online with them. He calls me back to tell me that the Humana rep told him that if his brother chose one of their three PPO plans he would lose his drug coverage, because none of their plans include it. All three of the PPO plans they offer include drug coverage, as do all 14 plans in this man's county. The seasonal help they brought in for AEP must've just completed their "training" and are now on the phones.

Last edited:
I've had more success with Humana. UHC always acts like I'm bothering them (need to get back to candy crush) and can't wait to get me off the phone. Guess they have some kind of quota for taking X calls a day.

Yesterday my experience with Humana was frustrating 1 1/2 hours on the phone to get a PCP change. I was on hold with the enrollee for 22 minutes before we were cued in. No music - nothing to let you know you have not been forgotten. Hung up on twice. Could not find the doctor in their network, If I had to spell V A N D E R B I L T, one more time I was going to hurt someone. V as in Victor, no not Bicker. V as in Victory, no not H as in Hickory.
I told the client we would try again today.
Called first thing this am. Done in 7 minutes.
I emailed the local Humana rep, as well as the regional manager. I can not imagine having an enrollee handle their own call for a change or a claim question.
I write a lot of Humana and this is nonsense.

My pen works great on BCBST apps just as well. Here in TN, BCBST has one point of contact (which is brillant) one phone call and the customer care person can help me with Aca, Medsups, Medicare Advantage, dental,ordering supplies, etc.. One person.. NO transfers. Thank you BCBST. NOW, during AEP you will wait 10 - 15 minutes to get a live person. I usually call in the morning if I can.

UHC - No comment . Nuff said. It must be pretty sad over there, I received an email today from the local rep. Instructing everyone to email her, if you do not get your issue resolved when calling customer care and she will try to help. LOL. LOL. oh my.. I needed a laugh today.

it's amazing what these companies spend on advertising and executive salaries then they don't even bother asking agents for feedback.

calling into the Philippines for uhc last month with some tough questions about returning someone on disability back to original medicare and I had to hang up. how can I take advice when I don't understand what they are saying?

Plus, paid for by Medicare funds.

I have a client in Arizona whose brother in Michigan is eligible for Medicare due to disability (and is LIS eligible). He has a PDP only, and wanted my advice on an MA plan for his brother. I'm not licensed there, but offered to check out the available plans on the Medicare plan finder site. I told him that Humana looked good, and gave him the contact information to call or enroll online with them. He calls me back to tell me that the Humana rep told him that if his brother chose one of their three PPO plans he would lose his drug coverage, because none of their plans include it. All three of the PPO plans they offer include drug coverage, as do all 14 plans in this man's county. The seasonal help they brought in for AEP must've just completed their "training" and are now on the phones.

Haha well, I guess he would still lose the PDP.

In my experience Humana and UHC are pretty similar. Giant bureaucracies. If you can get by with just using their forms or online tools for routine enrollments, everything is OK. But invariably, sooner or later, you'll need to call. With either company this will likely be painful.

As a side note, a few years ago when I went through the Humana 8 hour MAPD in person training/certification, the trainer asked the question if anyone could tell him who Humana's only customer is. The first response was the beneficiaries, Wrong. Someone answered the agents, Wrong. He then made his point, Humana's customer is CMS, period. Humana does not see the beneficiary (consumer) as their customer. I think their systems reflect this.

to summarize,

Humana can give you a bad rub and so can UHC. Ultimately, it depends on whether you like to get your rubs out of Kentucky or the Philippines.

:twitchy:

Back