Humana Downsizing

RickT

Expert
Got word this morning that my career with Humana has been ended. They are closing my position of Northeast Missouri. I do have the option to go MECA, and of course going independent.

My manager suggests that if I go MECA, I can get an agent of record change and move my perpetuity from career to MECA. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of this? I am told i will go from $5 a month (career) to $14 a month MECA.

Losing my benefits and salary sucks, but if I can keep my renewals... that will make this a little less painful.

My severance package will be arriving tomorrow so I guess I will know a little more then.

Another option is of course working for the competition and moving them over, but this will have to wait until AEP for my Book.

I would love any input you all have for this situation.

Thanks!

Rick

You should give Brian Penner a call. He's bpenn9 on here. He left Humana and has worked with a lot of agents that have done the same.

I would be haply to speak with you. Give me a call on Monday if you'd like. Heading out of town. 970 261 2087.

Got word this morning that my career with Humana has been ended. They are closing my position of Northeast Missouri. I do have the option to go MECA, and of course going independent.

My manager suggests that if I go MECA, I can get an agent of record change and move my perpetuity from career to MECA. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of this? I am told i will go from $5 a month (career) to $14 a month MECA.

Losing my benefits and salary sucks, but if I can keep my renewals... that will make this a little less painful.

My severance package will be arriving tomorrow so I guess I will know a little more then.

Another option is of course working for the competition and moving them over, but this will have to wait until AEP for my Book.

I would love any input you all have for this situation.

Thanks!

Rick

This is the hazard of working for anyone but yourself.

I heard Humana was losing nearly it's entire HMO network in Missouri anyway. Will you be able to keep your renewals when the product isn't available?

Of course, I haven't seen the plans for 2015 yet (weren't they released today)?

I heard Humana was losing nearly it's entire HMO network in Missouri anyway. Will you be able to keep your renewals when the product isn't available?

Of course, I haven't seen the plans for 2015 yet (weren't they released today)?

Yes, the agent gets all renewals owed to them when plans are not renewed.:goofy:

Latest posts

Back