Humana - How to Be Released from a MGA/FMO

patch36

Guru
1000 Post Club
MO
I have written about this in another thread, but the question keeps coming up about how to get released from your MGA or FMO or whatever they choose to call themselves. It works. I did the delayed release from Parker last Fall, and 90 days later I was a free agent to contract with whoever I chose.

From an email I received from Humana today...

Humana MarketPOINT’s Delegated Release Policy​
Any Delegated Agents that is associated with a Managing General Agency (MGA) must follow the Humana Release Policy when ending or changing the MGA relationship.

In general, the agent must secure a release letter from their current Managing General Agency (MGA) for the purpose of removing themselves from the MGA relationship. The agent should request the release directly from a principal officer of the MGA.

MGAs should formally communicate the release of the agent in writing using company letterhead, signed by the principal, and dated with the effective date of the release.

In instances where the MGA refuses to immediately release the agent, the agent may contact Humana and request a delayed release. The delayed release will be effective 90 days after the agent’s request is received. Such requests must be in writing and faxed to Agent Support at 502-508-0062 or forwarded to the following monitored email address: [email protected]
Click on the link below to view the full policy.
Humana MarketPOINT’s Delegated Release Policy AP-066

Once an agent is released from their previous MGA, they will be free to align themselves with another MGA relationship or remain independent and still be eligible to offer Humana’s MA and PDP plans. It will be the agent’s sole responsibility to maintain all current license, training, certification, and appointment status with Humana.

Again, all release letters must be on the approved letterhead. No verbal agreements, requests releases are accepted. This is the only release policy recognized by Humana MarketPOINT for Delegated agents.

AGENT SUPPORT
(800) 309-3163
[email protected]
Monday – Friday 8:00 - 9:00 EST

Back