Humana Med Supp "e-app"

sshafran

Guru
1000 Post Club
NC
I've written a lot of their MAPD, but their supp has never been competitive in my market.

They are now, however, in some limited circumstances.

I'm wondering about their Medicare Agent Workbench "online enrollment."

I've used it for PDP before, but never for Med Supp. Is it as easy as the better e-apps out there like MoO, Aetna, etc.?

(I'm more asking about the "consumer facing" side of things - i.e., is it easy for the applicant)

And I hate to ask if they require F2F on their supps. That would seem to be insane...but it is Humana...

Scott, I have the same situation here. Completely out of touch with the rest of the world on Medigap with the exception of High F.

They also pay 50% commission on GI including (I think) U65.

Their AWB for Medigap is a nightmare. If they have a client facing site I am not aware of it and would never use it.

I have sent maybe half a dozen apps their way via AWB (when I could get it to work which is almost never). The few that went through ended up lost.

They also lose the ones sent through the dedicated fax line.

When they finally do manage to process and approve an app, often 2 - 3 months after you sent it in, they pay commissions every time there is a lunar eclipse.

Their entire Medigap system is a joke. Their regional guy claims they sell a "ton" of Medigap.

Must be to people living under a rock that don't know they can get a better deal from Alex Trebek.

Finally crossed them completely off my list of acceptable options. If someone calls and insists on Humana Medigap I give them the 800 number and tell them to enroll direct.

They do not require F2F. You can complete the app via phone with your client and then try to submit electronically. Paper apps do require a signature, preferably the applicant.

But other than that they are great people.

About once a year Humana is the more competitive med supp and only Plan N. The rest of the time they are way too expensive.

I used them once this year for online supp enrollments and surprisingly it went through without a hitch. Not sure if I want to take a risk again.

And of course, this is the company that insists we get a scope even for a phone/online enrollment. My generic scope requires use for F2F only. Maybe CMS is wrong.

Rick

Usually the more expensive option, Besides I would be afraid they would market my med supp c;ients for MA or change the writing agent to them anytime a client called to change something like billing or address change.

They don't offer anything worth the risk of doing buis with the debil

DO NOT ever sell Humana med supps. I did one. Biggest nightmare of my career. Run from the debil!

Back